• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Freedom's Tyler Guy to walk on at USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  1

BJ Daniels is the Bulls QB til his college career is up. I really don't know what's in the water in Tampa Bay. 

I hope that's not an allusion to my comments that BJ Daniels could be at risk at losing his QB position come next season. 

I'm not trashing BJ Daniels.  He is a fantastic QB and is by far the leading candidate to be QB this season and next.  But it is clear that Holtz wants to go a different direction in QB at some point.  If BJ doesn't prove he can fit into Holtz's offense THIS season, he could be replaced by someone who will.  I'm sure even BJ knows that at this point. 

• Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

Welcome to the team Tyler. I hope you beat out all the competition at whatever position you play.

GOOD LUCK!

As for other comments, I choose to spend my entertainment dollars on the BULLS. And with eight tickets, two parking passes, at least one away game, and the bowl game, it's all I can afford. But, if someone, bulldozier1, wants to pony up for some tickets to the Rays, Lightning, or Bucs, let me know.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Welcome to the team Tyler. I hope you beat out all the competition at whatever position you play.

GOOD LUCK!

As for other comments, I choose to spend my entertainment dollars on the BULLS. And with eight tickets, two parking passes, at least one away game, and the bowl game, it's all I can afford. But, if someone, bulldozier1, wants to pony up for some tickets to the Rays, Lightning, or Bucs, let me know.

I'm with you, would I like to have the money to support all of the franchises in Tampa bay? Of course, but the fact is I don't. I may make it to 1 or 2 Rowdies game(s) this year, but only because the tix are stupid inexpensive and the stadium is pretty much within walking distance from my house.

BJ Daniels is the Bulls QB til his college career is up. I really don't know what's in the water in Tampa Bay. Tampa Bay SHOULD NOT have any sports teams. The lack of sports knowledge, and fan support is totally embarrassing. The Rays has the best record in Baseball. And playing the best baseball in the league. And about 10 people show up to the game. WE HAVE GOT TO BE THE WORST SPORTS TOWN IN AMERICA. And if it wasn't for the trickier of Tampa city officials. The Tampa Bay Bucs would have been the Baltimore Ravens.

With all due respect to BJ, and all other current players on the roster. Why should they automatically be given a starting position based on them being there already? I want what is best for the team. If the best player isn't on the field, then there's a problem. "Seniority" should be given some weight, but if a Freshman comes in and is leaps and bounds better than the previous starter, then the frosh should play.

As for "And if it wasn't for the trickier of Tampa city officials." what the hell do you mean. Do you realize that we citizens of Hillsborough County voted to assess an additional sales tax "Community Investment Tax" to pay for Ray Jay? Do you also realize that the Bucs have pretty much renegged on thier part of the funding? They tried to play a game of semantics to not pay for the training facility on Himes? Just for informational purposes the New England Patriots (Robert Kraft/Kraft Sports Group) paid for and own Gillette stadium. So, it can be done, if an owner REALLY wants to stay in an area, they can. Or, are they just trying to get the tax payers to pony up more money, so they can make more money.

• Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

I'm sure they shaved off a few tax dollars up in Foxboro...

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

The HELL I mean is that Hillsborough county added the stadium to the referendum along with new schools and roads. Before the stadium was added, the citzens voted down tax increase for new schools and roads ever time it came up for vote. Thats the "trickier" I' talking about. And as for the lack of fan support for the Rays. The local businesses should take a lot of heat for the lack of support they give the Rays. And it looks as if they're holding grudges toward the Rays because of the horrorable relationship with Vince Naimoli. And the whole community needs to understand baseball officials is looking at the TAMPA BAY AREA, not St. Pete, or Tampa. They're looking at the community as a failer. And they will be helping the Rays move out of the area. 

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

If Gunsby wasn't enough evidence, this guy proves that Holtz wants tall, pocket passing QBs.  That is our future. 

Daniels better be watching his back.  I expect Holtz to thrust a knife back there soon enough! 

most coaches want a tall pocket passing qb

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

BJ Daniels is the Bulls QB til his college career is up. I really don't know what's in the water in Tampa Bay. Tampa Bay SHOULD NOT have any sports teams. The lack of sports knowledge, and fan support is totally embarrassing. The Rays has the best record in Baseball. And playing the best baseball in the league. And about 10 people show up to the game. WE HAVE GOT TO BE THE WORST SPORTS TOWN IN AMERICA. And if it wasn't for the trickier of Tampa city officials. The Tampa Bay Bucs would have been the Baltimore Ravens.

With all due respect to BJ, and all other current players on the roster. Why should they automatically be given a starting position based on them being there already? I want what is best for the team. If the best player isn't on the field, then there's a problem. "Seniority" should be given some weight, but if a Freshman comes in and is leaps and bounds better than the previous starter, then the frosh should play.

As for "And if it wasn't for the trickier of Tampa city officials." what the hell do you mean. Do you realize that we citizens of Hillsborough County voted to assess an additional sales tax "Community Investment Tax" to pay for Ray Jay? Do you also realize that the Bucs have pretty much renegged on thier part of the funding? They tried to play a game of semantics to not pay for the training facility on Himes? Just for informational purposes the New England Patriots (Robert Kraft/Kraft Sports Group) paid for and own Gillette stadium. So, it can be done, if an owner REALLY wants to stay in an area, they can. Or, are they just trying to get the tax payers to pony up more money, so they can make more money.

bj needs to play 300% better or usf will have another starting qb next year

the position of college qb demands a high performing player

The HELL I mean is that Hillsborough county added the stadium to the referendum along with new schools and roads. Before the stadium was added, the citzens voted down tax increase for new schools and roads ever time it came up for vote. Thats the "trickier" I' talking about. And as for the lack of fan support for the Rays. The local businesses should take a lot of heat for the lack of support they give the Rays. And it looks as if they're holding grudges toward the Rays because of the horrorable relationship with Vince Naimoli. And the whole community needs to understand baseball officials is looking at the TAMPA BAY AREA, not St. Pete, or Tampa. They're looking at the community as a failer. And they will be helping the Rays move out of the area. 

Mea Culpa, I thought that you were blaming the "people" of the Bay Area for the Bucs almost leaving. For the record, I voted for the CIT, because I knew that the local governments would find a way to build the Bucs a new stadium, and the only way I personally saw a way to control my portion was a sales tax. Ken "I just wants to hear what the ABC coalition has to say". Hagan ********. You are correct, people must remember when "we" are listed as the 14th largest Media Market it is the ENTIRE bay area.

• Content Count:  2,052
  • Days Won:  0

This kid is a great kid. Got to know him when I was a coach at Pasco HS. baseball team. Strong, agile, has a great fastball. Good hands. Would make a great choice as a tight end at USF. Way to go Tyler. Glad you are a Bull!  Coach R.

Archived