• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The NFL 'Pimps' the draft like it's the Super Bowl

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

Gotta hand it to the NFL.  They are a 'hype' machine.  It's the draft.  Who cares. 

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

I really enjoy watching the first round as a pro and college fan, and watching pieces of the rest to see how the dolphins do. 

If you don't like it, don't watch it.

It's a draft.  The NFL (in the middle of their off season) has found a way to 'hype' a draft.  Great job by the NFL.  Other than the few people you know in your area or who are 'big names' in college, do you know anyone else?  The OL from Utah St.?  C'mon, it's a draft.

Five years from now the combines will be the same way.  Who cares.

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

It's a draft.  The NFL (in the middle of their off season) has found a way to 'hype' a draft.  Great job by the NFL.  Other than the few people you know in your area or who are 'big names' in college, do you know anyone else?  The OL from Utah St.?  C'mon, it's a draft.

Quick question, are you a pro football fan?

You bet.  I am a Redskins and Bucs season ticket holder.  Love the game.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I follow high school recruiting and college football very very intensely.  I've followed the draft pretty close since i was about 12 or 13 which was pretty much using my allowance on draft preview magazines and spending all my Saturdays watching college football all day.  Now a days ff there is a college football game on and i don't have anything to do i watch it and usually break the lap top about and check and see who is considered a pro prospect and try to watch them as well as keeping my eye out for other players that impress me, doesn't matter who the teams are.  The whole recruiting to college and draft to the NFL process is very interesting to me.  I have even cleared out my DVR some years when im busy and watched the whole draft at a later time, i love it.   

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

i love both college football and pro football..

therefore i love watching the draft

I'm excited that you love the game at all levels.  I too watch as much as I can.  Again, a Bucs, Skins and USF season ticket holder.  It has certainly taken a back seat to my family.  I'm just impressed at the marketing and hype the NFL has done to get people to watch a draft.  Again, they are trying to do the same with the combine.  They are great at creating a market.  I watch 5 minutes of the combine and am bored out of my mind.  Guys running in shorts for 40 straight yards?  That happens a lot in the NFL.  Guys running a shuttle run back and forth?  That too happens plenty in the NFL.  Just my opinion, who cares. 

• Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

Karma will get theme. There used to be a gentlemens agreement between the major sports leagues to not compete against each other. Now the NFL is putting the draft up against NBA (and NHL) basketball, and will have a regular season game going up against a World Series Game.

Look for Godell to either die in a horrible car crash, or have to suspened Peyton and Eli for double teaming a chick in a bar.

Not sure about Karma.  You could say the same about the NCAA with games on every night of the week including their talent pool nights of Thursday and Friday.

As for the NBA, I liken that to Pro Wrestling.  It's insignificant and just plain bad hoops.

Archived