• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mo Planche is a Beast (USF-RB)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Well....one good thing, hopefully, about Holtz changing the offense is that we won't have to explain how the spread/zone read option works to the people around here that don't understand it.  Daniels on the ground was just as dynamic as having Pat White.

Plancher is capable of getting 1000.  The question will be is he a strong enough back to be able to handle 25 to 30 carries a game.  I am not sure he is a true feature back for a BCS level team. 

Take a look at the rosters for the spring game.  The #1 offense is basically the same as it was last year with the exception of 2 key losses.  Herman and Mitchell.  Don't expect to all of a suddent leap to the top of BE offenses all of a sudden.  Especially if you take Daniels' designed runs out of the mix to protect him.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Plancher is capable of getting 1000. 

The question will be is he a strong enough back to be able to handle 25 to 30 carries a game.  I am not sure he is a true feature back for a BCS level team. 

Sounds like you're quotes directly contradict each other, no?

I don't think he's talented enough to get 1000, nor do I think he's capable of handling 25+ carries a game without collapsing by game 4.

He apparently does something(s) better than his other RB couterparts though .. that's probably the most troubling aspect of him getting playing time through 2 regimes though.

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

Id say Plancher is average. He has a flash of greatness once or twice a season usually against a bad defense.  Im more interested to see Battles or Murray get some time

• Content Count:  743

Average speed, average size, average agility, average balance, and average quickness. He is solid but not a feature back for a top 25 team.

• Content Count:  7

I think Plancher will be a 1000yard rusher, from what I saw in the spring game tonight, he looked really good and is definitely the starting rb for a reason. What do you guys think from what you saw in the spring game .

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

I think Plancher will be a 1000yard rusher, from what I saw in the spring game tonight, he looked really good and is definitely the starting rb for a reason. What do you guys think from what you saw in the spring game .

i think he is an average starting running back... that is all...

he is mediocre

• Content Count:  3,403

he is mediocre

He's averaged 4.6 ypc for his career.  That is better than mediocre.

Ben Williams averaged 3.5, 4.0, and 4.3 ypc his last 3 years at USF.  He improved, but Plancher has averaged 4.7 and 4.5 the last 2 years.

Ford averaged 4.0 and 4.9, largely helped by that bowl game last year.

Andre Hall averaged 6.5 (C-USA) and 5.1 ypc (Big East) in his 2 years.  He was great.

I'd say Plancher is good, not great, but better than mediocre. 

he is mediocre

Ben Williams averaged 3.5, 4.0, and 4.3 ypc his last 3 years at USF.  He improved, but Plancher has averaged 4.7 and 4.5 the last 2 years.

Andre Hall averaged 6.5 (C-USA) and 5.1 ypc (Big East) in his 2 years.  He was great.

We haven't had a good RB since Andre Hall. As far as I am concerned Taylor, Ford(we will

never know for sure), plancher, Williams, etc. are all average backs.

• Content Count:  3,403

he is mediocre

We haven't had a good RB since Andre Hall. As far as I am concerned Taylor, Ford(we will

stats obviously show those guys are not equal

he is mediocre

stats obviously show those guys are not equal

don't recall calling them equal... all are average, maybe not equal.

right now we don't have a good running back, we have a stable of average guys.

Murray may turn out to be a good back

Archived