• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF vs. UCF tonight

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

losing to UCF in any sport ruins my week

Ditto  >:(

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Last year there were barely any Knights fans in attendance. I doubt there will be a lot there.

CousinRicky enjoys ripping on things like attendance every so often.

Really ? ? ? ? ? ?  You have a better memory than me. 

Says the inventor of Tyler 'Toast' Roberts before it was cool to rip on him.

I don't care what you rip on, and I don't usually disagree with it either. You have your rants every now and then though. I guess we all do.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

we should play them in football

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,709
  • Days Won:  108

Last year there were barely any Knights fans in attendance. I doubt there will be a lot there.

CousinRicky enjoys ripping on things like attendance every so often.

Really ? ? ? ? ? ?  You have a better memory than me. 

Says the inventor of Tyler 'Toast' Roberts before it was cool to rip on him.

I don't care what you rip on, and I don't usually disagree with it either. You have your rants every now and then though. I guess we all do.

I'm so happy someone reads my posts, let alone remember them.  It's enough to make me wanna  :'(.  But yeah, I probably did have the "toast" right before anyone else.

Attendance sometimes baffles me.  USF is a school with 40,000 + students and about 20 - 30 show up for baseball games (at least the ones that sit together as a group).  Most times going to the baseball games is like going to Little League games in that it is mostly family and friends of the players. It's a great night out when the weather cooperates.  But then, I'm from a generation that didn't grow up with PlayStation and the like.  Pong and Atari weren't good enough to keep you inside all the time.

My rants are usually saved for after football losses.  The Bullspen is my therapy.  I get it out of my system so I can sleep rather than lie in bed steaming about things. 

I was pretty proud of having one BE basketball team reaching the Elite 8.  Occasionally even a blind squirrel....

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Attendance sometimes baffles me.  USF is a school with 40,000 + students and about 20 - 30 show up for baseball games (at least the ones that sit together as a group).  Most times going to the baseball games is like going to Little League games in that it is mostly family and friends of the players. It's a great night out when the weather cooperates.  But then, I'm from a generation that didn't grow up with PlayStation and the like.  Pong and Atari weren't good enough to keep you inside all the time.

You have to be really into baseball to watch it at the college level. If they made the hitters use wood bats, I may be more inclined to go to more games. I feel for the pitchers at that level (sucks for that Vanderbilt pitcher who just had his knee cap shattered recently by a ball hit back at him).

Guest Sunburned

I'm from a generation, that participated in sports more often than we were spectators.  Pong and Atari didn't exist.  I played football in school, and can count on my fingers the number of time I attended other sporting events and those were in high school.  In college I had zero interest being a spectator at  basketball, baseball, wrestling, or any of the minor sports.  I don't remember any of my friends that attended  games/matches aside from football.  I also can't recall ever hearing those other teams being discussed during bull sessions when I lived in the dorms.

It's great that you enjoy a night out at the ballpark, but most people don't, and I don't believe it is because of the boob tube or xbox.

BTW, I'm not a USF alum, but I am a season ticket holder to three USF sports and baseball isn't one of  them, and it never will be.  I find watching baseball to be BORING!

I find watching baseball to be BORING!

This.

Even if you are a baseball fan, college baseball is a joke, really. And, it's sad.

• Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

This.

Even if you are a baseball fan, college baseball is a joke, really. And, it's sad.

The people of FSU, Miami, Arizona St, UNC, LSU, Ole Miss, Texas, Arkansas, etc etc etc are all laughing at you.

Look at that list.....yeah, only the "losers" care about college baseball.

This.

The people of FSU, Miami, Arizona St, LSU, Ole Miss, Texas, Arkansas, etc etc etc are all laughing at you.

I don't care who you are. You're in the niche if you like college baseball.

• Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

This.

The people of FSU, Miami, Arizona St, LSU, Ole Miss, Texas, Arkansas, etc etc etc are all laughing at you.

I don't care who you are. You're in the niche if you like college baseball.

No ****. But there's a difference between being a niche and a "joke" or "sad".

Archived