• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hoops: FIU beat Florida State today

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661
  • Days Won:  0

I know FSU isn't good, but if FIU can beat them, then that Dec 20 game at the Sun Dome may not be as easy as previously thought.

Guest HowieP1

I was just going to post that! GMTA ;D

FIU 65, FSU 60  

FIU Stuns Seminoles

By DOUG CARLSON dcarlson@tampatrib.com

Published: Dec 13, 2004

TALLAHASSEE - Two weeks after Florida International's 51-point loss at Connecticut, the prospects didn't look much better Sunday afternoon for first-year coach Sergio Rouco.

His team arrived to play Florida State with a starting lineup featuring a freshman center and another who was advised not to play for the next six weeks because of a stress fracture in his leg.

But the Golden Panthers left with a confidence-booster that should do wonders for their morale when they arrive in Tampa for their next game - against USF on Dec. 20

After letting go of a 15-point second-half lead, FIU outscored the Seminoles 11-3 over the final four minutes to grab a 65-60 victory in front of approximately 2,500 fans at the Donald Tucker Center.

The occasion marked a new low in the Leonard Hamilton era at FSU.

http://sports.tbo.com/sports/MGB8TYX4O2E.html

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528

FSU is not a bad program in the least. They are pretty competitive in a strong ACC. A win against them is huge for FIU.

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928

Last week I watched Miami defeat FIU @ FIU. Miami won handily BUT, FIU never quit. There hart & Hustle really impressed me.

JMHO but I think that the FIU @ USF game wil tell us alot about us.....

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

The occasion marked a new low in the Leonard Hamilton era at FSU.

What is the current "low" in the Robert McCullum era at USF? Losing to MVSU? How about losing to Houston at home last season?

Funny how schools like FSU are able to maintain certain expectations while the "low" at USF never gets mentioned or talked about.

Guest KnightLight

What is the current "low" in the Robert McCullum era at USF? Losing to MVSU? How about losing to Houston at home last season?

Funny how schools like FSU are able to maintain certain expectations while the "low" at USF never gets mentioned or talked about.

Actually, new low for FSU was losing to a school this year called "TAMUCC!!"

Texas A&M at Corpus Christi...at HOME!!

FSU is terrible!!!

KL

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Nice win for FIU.  Good luck to the Noles if they cann't beat FIU when they go into their conference schedule.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,483
  • Days Won:  43

According to the trib, FSU was a 25 point favorite over FIU. That loss has to hurt. FSU is sitting at 5-5 with alot of bad loses. They did beat Ole Miss in which Memphis lost too this weekend. FSU was in Dicky V's top 30. LOL.  What makes it worse is that the attendence was announced for about 2,500. I know USF has attendence issues, but you would think FSU would do better than 2500. Man, I guess college basketball in the state of Florida is a hard sell. Even, UF does not sell their arena out.

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

Now's the time of year when the ACC will pay for its greed-driven overexpansion. All its newly-added football darlings are downright crappy in hoops, except for Boston College which has been up and down over the years. Clemson is pretty bad too. That's going to drag down conference RPI, which will make it harder for ACC teams to get at-large bids.

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261

Gary - I disagree.  The ACC is easily a 5 or 6 team league and could stretch to 7 teams if Maryland or Clemson get it in gear.  Clemson's only loss was to BC and Maryland's losses have come to Wisconsin and GW.  Those 3 losses are hardly slouch losses.  Maryland even drilled Memphis by more than 20 when Memphis had a full squad.

Even without the addition of Miami and VT the ACC would still be a 5, 6 or 7 team tourney league.  I certainly wouldn't say these 2 will drag them down and the coming of BC next year will probably increase the league's annual card by 1 team.

Where the ACC is paying for their greed is in the fact that they didn't get 2 BCS teams as they had hoped for.  Still, both newcomers are in bowls along with 4 original ACC teams.  Even BC a future ACC member made a bowl game.

I'm not sure of the bowl payouts but from a sharing perspective I would imagine they need to have 2 BCS representatives every 2 or 3 years to be happy.