• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Stirrups

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21,336
  • Days Won:  10

another over rated hyped leavitt recruit

big hat no cattle

No compassion for the kid I guess.

I wish the best for him and I hope this report is not true and that he does well at USF and graduates.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

big hat no cattle

I wish the best for him and I hope this report is not true and that he does well at USF and graduates.

the kid will be fine

sure i have compassion for him

does he need a job as a file clerk? 

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Well, it's official

USF defensive tackle Stirrups dismissed

USF football coach Skip Holtz announced Wednesday that senior defensive tackle Leslie Stirrups, who played sparingly last season and was working with the third-team defense, is no longer part of USF's football program due to an unspecified violation of team rules.

Stirrups is the second player dismissed since Holtz became USF's coach in January, following running back Mike Ford. Both were highly rated players out of high school -- Stirrups was a four-star recruit out of Tampa's Hillsborough High before going to two junior colleges in Mississippi.

Despite numerous injuries at his position, Stirrups totaled only nine tackles at USF as a junior in 2009, including one tackle for a loss. Holtz last week mentioned the defensive line as position with significant depth, with as many as 12 players in position to rotate into game action. Stirrups' absence hurts the depth at defensive tackle, which currently has senior Terrell McClain and junior Keith McCaskill as starters, with redshirt freshman Luke Sager and sophomore Cory Grissom as the top backups.

Too bad. We're deep as heck at DE but DT is not a position of strength and Stirrups was physically a beast. I figured he'd see a lot of action this year.

• Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/senior-dt-stirrups-dismissed-from-team/

Senior DT Stirrups dismissed from team

Posted By Scott Carter at Apr 07, 2010 at 12:01 PM

Updated Apr 07, 2010 at 12:10 PM

Former Hillsborough High standout Leslie Stirrups has been dismissed from the team by head coach Skip Holtz for an unspecified violation of team rules.

A 6-foot-3, 275-pound senior defensive tackle, Stirrups played in nine games last season, registering nine tackles.

Stirrups was listed on the third-team when Holtz released his initial depth chart last week, backing up starter Keith McCaskill and reserve Cory Grissom at one of the tackle spots.

Prior to arriving at USF, Stirrups played at Pearl River (Miss.) Community College and East Mississippi Community College.

Holtz will address Stirrups’ dismissal following practice this afternoon.

Stirrups is the second player to be dismissed from the team since Holtz replaced former coach Jim Leavitt.

Senior RB Mike Ford, the MVP of the International Bowl, was kicked off the team recently for violating school policy.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Well, it's official

USF defensive tackle Stirrups dismissed

USF football coach Skip Holtz announced Wednesday that senior defensive tackle Leslie Stirrups, who played sparingly last season and was working with the third-team defense, is no longer part of USF's football program due to an unspecified violation of team rules.

Stirrups is the second player dismissed since Holtz became USF's coach in January, following running back Mike Ford. Both were highly rated players out of high school -- Stirrups was a four-star recruit out of Tampa's Hillsborough High before going to two junior colleges in Mississippi.

Despite numerous injuries at his position, Stirrups totaled only nine tackles at USF as a junior in 2009, including one tackle for a loss. Holtz last week mentioned the defensive line as position with significant depth, with as many as 12 players in position to rotate into game action. Stirrups' absence hurts the depth at defensive tackle, which currently has senior Terrell McClain and junior Keith McCaskill as starters, with redshirt freshman Luke Sager and sophomore Cory Grissom as the top backups.

Too bad. We're deep as heck at DE but DT is not a position of strength and Stirrups was physically a beast. I figured he'd see a lot of action this year.

unfortunately from what I heard he left his game at Juco.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,492
  • Days Won:  13

big hat no cattle

the kid will be fine

How much does file clerk pay?

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

wonder how this will affect chandler

• Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

big hat no cattle

the kid will be fine

:ROFLMAO :lmao :laughingnew :lolnew :lol2new

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

wonder how this will affect chandler

I'd imagine Chandler will end up the 3rd or 4th D-Tackle. Probably will still redshirt unless he's an elite talent.

• Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  1

Don't mean to reveal any worms hiding under any rocks, but can anyone enlighten us as to why Stirrups was dismissed? 

Is this another Ford situation? 

Archived