• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF student airlifted after accident

USF_Girl

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  552
  • Days Won:  0

Please keep a fellow Bull in your prayers. Andew, a member of the US Army- A Bull set to graduate -and Sigma Chi; was airlifted to Saint Joe's where he is on life support. He was injured on Flecther after he was hit on his motorcycle. Please just keep him and his family in your thoughts during this time

Please pray for the boy driving the SUV- he is also a USF student. Andrew is still at St. Joe's in ICU.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

I'm sorry, but if the guy was riding in the bicycle lane because he couldn't be bothered to wait in line like everyone in a car, then I can't find a whole lot of sympathy for him.

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

I'm sorry, but if the guy was riding in the bicycle lane because he couldn't be bothered to wait in line like everyone in a car, then I can't find a whole lot of sympathy for him.

Everyone makes mistakes, pal. If this happened to someone close to you, I'm sure you would feel a little different. Although I do not ride a motorcycle, I myself have tried to get around traffic....we all have. Although it was not the smartest thing to do, you can't cry over spilled milk. All you can do now is pray for him and his family.

• Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Everyone makes mistakes, pal. If this happened to someone close to you, I'm sure you would feel a little different. Although I do not ride a motorcycle, I myself have tried to get around traffic....we all have. Although it was not the smartest thing to do, you can't cry over spilled milk. All you can do now is pray for him and his family.

I agree with Jaime.

Although i don't wish him harm...I don't have much sympathy for him.

I think everyone is in agreement when we see motorcyclists doing basically stupid things like weaving in and out of traffic, going on sidewalks, running lights and stop signs, and speeding, the common mentality is, if he gets injured, he deserves it.  I have not met anyone that has felt any different.

I don't mean to wish the injury (unless they are being compete jerks) but just like those that drag race on the streets or highway, they know the consequences.

Costa.. you mentioned what if it were a family member.  Personally I would still have the same mentality.  I would be saddened, but i would be upset for my family member for being stupid for doing such a stunt.  Also, what happened if the guy hit a member of your family that was walking on the sidewalk, or because of his actions.. your family member was in the SUV that he hit and was also injured

I doubt you would expressing the same sympathy.

• Content Count:  95

A motorcyclist cutting people off, going into the bicycle lane to cut by traffic doesnt really deserved any sympathy when he gets hit by a car that is just making a turn. Maybe he should have waited like everyone else in traffic.

I didnt start this thread so everyone could say he doesnt deserve sympathy. He made a mistake and he's paying for it on life support. He was driving to campus to his apartment and for whatever reason he didnt obey the traffic laws. We have all done it.

If you rolled through a stop sign because you were in a hurry I would keep you in my thoughts even though you broke the law. I am just asking everyone to keep a fellow bull and someone that has served his country in your thoughts during this hard time. Same for the fellow bull that was hit. It was an accident, accidents happen; just keep them in your throughts during this.

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

I don't have sympathy that he got hurt being a bonehead. Hopefully his actions will help other cyclists realize they shouldn't be d-bags. For the record, a close person to me did a similar thing recently and ended up in pretty bad shape, I don't have any sympathy for them regarding the matter.

That said, this kid doesn't deserve to die over his mistakes. Hope he recovers well and learns from his experience.

• Content Count:  4,016

wow, some of you are callous arse dudes.  Reading this thread it actually dropped my opinion of the human race and our future in general. :o

You can pray for someone's recovery, and have sympathy for the condition they're in, but not justify their actions.  It's not an either/or concept.  We can't put 'stupid people' on an island and forget them... ::)

If you've got any semblence of religion pumping in your blood you should pray for his healthy recovery.  Dying is not a just retribution for 'driving a motorcycle in the bike lane'.  He was ex-military.  SO I guess it was ok, and cool when he was over in some far off land defending the rights of the opressed.... being an ex-military he can't be all together awful.

Someday, one day, in your lives you'll need people to pray for you too.   

USF GIRL thanks for the heads up and I did say a prayer for this young man! 

Archived