• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF student airlifted after accident

USF_Girl

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

wow, some of you are callous arse dudes.  Reading this thread it actually dropped my opinion of the human race and our future in general. :o

You can pray for someone's recovery, and have sympathy for the condition they're in, but not justify their actions.  It's not an either/or concept.  We can't put 'stupid people' on an island and forget them... ::)  Dying is not a just retribution for 'driving a motorcycle in the bike lane'.  He was ex-military..... being an ex-military he can't be all together awful.

Someday, one day, in your lives you'll need people to pray for you too.   

USF GIRL thanks for the heads up and I did say a prayer for this young man! 

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

wow, some of you are callous arse dudes.  Reading this thread it actually dropped my opinion of the human race and our future in general. :o

You can pray for someone's recovery, and have sympathy for the condition they're in, but not justify their actions.  It's not an either/or concept.  We can't put 'stupid people' on an island and forget them... ::)

If you've got any semblence of religion pumping in your blood you should pray for his healthy recovery.  Dying is not a just retribution for 'driving a motorcycle in the bike lane'.  He was ex-military.  SO I guess it was ok, and cool when he was over in some far off land defending the rights of the opressed.... being an ex-military he can't be all together awful.

Someday, one day, in your lives you'll need people to pray for you too.   

USF GIRL thanks for the heads up and I did say a prayer for this young man! 

I'm able to not have sympathy for the man but also hope that he does not pass away.

The fact that he was ex-military coupled with driving his motorcycle in the bike lane actually serves to help him appear that he's a bonehad to me. Two types of people usually join the armed forces, truly great people... and d-bags. The d-bags come back over and join biker gangs.

• Content Count:  552

No update on his condition. This "bone head" also serves as a firefighter. Not a bad resume for a 24 year old. Army Ranger, USF Bull, Firefighter... please keep him in your thoughts while he remains at Saint Joe's.

n504164667_434371_5753.jpg

n504164667_434071_34.jpg

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Not to pile on, because I do hope he recovers, but it really bugs me when the motorcycle community wants drivers to respect them when they consistently do crap like this.

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

We get you're a liberal thinker USF_Girl.

Nobody here wants the guy to pass away or think he 'deserves' to.

There are sometimes stupid consequences for doing stupid things.

I raced some guy on the highway going 110+ yesterday, if I would've gotten in an accident or arrested I clearly deserved whatever consequence happened.

Those are the breaks. I hope he recovers.

• Content Count:  95

I never said he deserved to die or be on life support for what he did. But he did pull a bonehead move and he has to pay for his mistake.

Please don't give me the he's ex-military/firefighter angle and that I should instantly respect him even when he clearly broke the law. I respect the time he put into serving our country but once you are out here in the civilian world, he is like everyone else, he has to follow our laws. There are plenty of bad military folks and firefighters and they all dont deserve our respect.

OT: I know alot of ex-military/current military guys that have bikes or are going to get a bike, maybe they want the danger.

Archived