• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OT Zach DeBell

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  143
  • Days Won:  0

Another poor exmple of the grass always being greener.  He'll likely be a borderline starter there.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Why? Why do are fans always say that when we lose a recruit to a school that's annually top 15 and sends lots of kids to the pros?

Just move on.

• Content Count:  1,757

Another poor exmple of the grass always being greener.  He'll likely be a borderline starter there.

Thanks for that insider analysis. Your wealth of knowledge on all aspects of recruiting are a great asset to this board.

• Content Count:  4,016

Why? Why do are fans always say that when we lose a recruit to a school that's annually top 15 and sends lots of kids to the pros?

Just move on.

No kidding.  Zach is a consummate prototypical OT.  His dad is an ex-college ball player, at a big time level.  The kid was groomed for this, and is being groomed for this.  Yeah he played small the last two seasons, but was trying to dazzle a bit as a DE, but at the end of the day they realized as an OT Zach could be the next big thing, as a DE...probably not.  The kid runs the 100m for Tarpon Springs on their track team, he legitimately ran 4.9's and 4.8's electronically at about 255lbs-- that's crazy good.  He has great athleticism, strength for his size, and is very tenacious, and easily adds the muscle and strength.  I'll lay bets by the time he sets foot on UGA's campus he'll be around 285-290lbs...that's how driven the kid is...and it won't be by simply eating four pbj's before bedtime!

I don't think Zach is a HS all-american yet, partially because he started smaller and has flip flopped positions, but in college I think he will be an animal and no doubt in my mind a high level SEC producer.  He's  a smart kid, physically advanced, has the perfect shell of a body and athleticism for the position he has mentally accepted himself to play.

• Content Count:  143

That's right Eisteins.  DeBell was, or is, the PERFECT example of a player who is, at this time, just another middle of the tier O-Line recruit for Georgia.  ELEVEN (11) offensive line recruits since 2007 have been rated higher.  Matter of fact, there is already a higher rated OT prospect, IN THIS CLASS, at Georgia.

He could have been, potentiallly, a bookend at USF IF HE WAS GOOD ENOUGH.  My comment, "the grass is always greener," fits.

And if you're going to be sarcastic, atleast back it up with a good argument to support your point.  DeBell would have been just fine in Tampa.

Why is it, that every time a recruit bolts to green pasteurs and "better" situations that many of you fold and come with the "do the best thing for him" line.  Ever hear of Aycock?  Now he's a walk-on.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,589
  • Days Won:  424

That's right Eisteins.  DeBell was, or is, the PERFECT example of a player who is, at this time, just another middle of the tier O-Line recruit for Georgia.  ELEVEN (11) offensive line recruits since 2007 have been rated higher.

Not sure where you're getting your info from but it sure as hell isn't Rivals or Scout. Per Rivals, since 2007 (08-10), there have only been 5 ranked higher at their OL positions than DeBell .... Rivals had 6 .... unless those two services had completely different players than the other, you're just plain wrong.

Matter of fact, there is already a higher rated OT prospect, IN THIS CLASS, at Georgia.

Rivals has him at the 14th rated OT. Only other OT listed is dantzler @ 34. Now, the one place that actually backs you up on any of your contentions is Scout on this. They have Dantzler slightly higher at #20 with DeBell at 26.

And if you're going to be sarcastic, at least back it up with a good argument to support your point.  DeBell would have been just fine in Tampa.

And if you're going to come on here throwing out numbers to support YOUR point, start providing a little more detail ..... or maybe you have your own recruiting service and your own rankings.

Bottom line, take off your green and gold goggles, the grass WILL be greener at traditional, established football programs (especially @ storied places of the SEC) the vast majority of the time.

• Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

The Dude is probably getting his information from the ESPN website (that's where I look also, Scout and Rivals are inconsistent to me). Watts Dantzler is listed as a better prospect compared to Zach DeBell.

Zach DeBell | OT

Scouts Grade 78

Position rank OT # 27

Height 6'6"

Weight 270 lbs.

Watts Dantzler | OT

Scouts Grade  79

Position rank OT # 12

Height 6'7"

Weight 314 lbs.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,589
  • Days Won:  424

The Dude is probably getting his information from the ESPN website (that's where I look also, Scout and Rivals are inconsistent to me). Watts Dantzler is listed as a better prospect compared to Zach DeBell.

Which I did acknowledge that it was the one thing he got right ... Still couldn't find ELEVEN (11) ranked higher even on ESPN.

Archived