• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I think our baseball team might stink

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

Why didn't Prado get there with Prado's recruits?

Not sure, but If you read his bio online, it looks like he built the Louisville program into what it is today.

He took the program to its first-ever NCAA appearance in 2002 and he was the 2002 Conference USA Coach of the Year, the same year he won USA Baseball Coach of the Year honors.

During his time at Louisville, Prado compiled more wins than any other coach in Cardinal history.

Prado guided the Cardinals to 11-consecutive conference tournament appearances, including 10-straight in Conference USA, as Louisville was one of three teams in the league that advanced to the C-USA Tournament in each of conference's first 10 seasons, joining Southern Miss and Tulane.

He was the only coach in Louisville baseball history to record more than two 30-win seasons, tallying seven (31 in '98, 37 in '99, 32 in '01, 39 in '02, 34 in '03, 32 in '05 and 31 in '06).

And he built them a stadium, just like he is here.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Why didn't Prado get there with Prado's recruits?

Not sure, but If you read his bio online, it looks like he built the Louisville program into what it is today.

He took the program to its first-ever NCAA appearance in 2002 and he was the 2002 Conference USA Coach of the Year, the same year he won USA Baseball Coach of the Year honors.

During his time at Louisville, Prado compiled more wins than any other coach in Cardinal history.

Prado guided the Cardinals to 11-consecutive conference tournament appearances, including 10-straight in Conference USA, as Louisville was one of three teams in the league that advanced to the C-USA Tournament in each of conference's first 10 seasons, joining Southern Miss and Tulane.

He was the only coach in Louisville baseball history to record more than two 30-win seasons, tallying seven (31 in '98, 37 in '99, 32 in '01, 39 in '02, 34 in '03, 32 in '05 and 31 in '06).

And he built them a stadium, just like he is here.

Well done Satty..........

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

wow, 15 games in with 41 games to play and you're already calling the season

I agree with Jamie... if we are getting whooped by the likes to lowly Jacksonville and Eastern Illinois then we stink.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

wow, 15 games in with 41 games to play and you're already calling the season

I agree with Jamie... if we are getting whooped by the likes to lowly Jacksonville and Eastern Illinois then we stink.

So we split two games with JU and that's whooped? And JU is not lowly; JU went to regionals in 2006, 2007 & 2009, and, as someone pointed out as reason we should succeed, are from the state of Florida.

EIU scores, 6-7, 9-11, 8-5.  Not sure if those qualify as whoopings? EIU also made regionals in 2008.

Look, I'm not trying to say that we are a great team, I just think people talking about firing Prado and calling the season only a quarter of the way in is ridiculous.  I'm just curious how many of the people posting in this topic have been to our games in the this season (and last season so they can compare), or are just reading box scores?

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

They are now 3-12 on the season. I wasn't going to say it earlier because they played a bunch of tough competition, but they lost all of those games, and now they're losing games to Jacksonville and Eastern Illinois... this is bad. Unless they go on some kind of rampage in conference play they might already be done.

what happened

so much promise

• Content Count:  959

Well 4-12 is pitiful no matter how you spin it. 1992-1994 We used to drink and fight (sometimes in games which can bring you together). Ok in 1992 we were 27-31 and that was not a great year but we turned it around the next two. Most the guys that played in the 90's had heart and the records of those team reflect that. We had a chip on our shoulder because most of us were not highly recruited by other D1 schools. I do no see too many chips on anybody's shoulders out there right now.  There still is time to right the ship but something has to change. Hard to win when you are not hitting, pitching, or playing defense. This team has talent but are not playing to rip heads off and kick ass from what I have seen.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,706
  • Days Won:  108

They just need to pay my wife and me to go to the games.  We've been to 2 and are 2 - 0.  Problem solved.  :D

• Content Count:  4,879

They just need to pay my wife and me to go to the games.  We've been to 2 and are 2 - 0.  Problem solved.  :D

When are you guys going again!

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Losing games to Mercer doesn't change my opinion any.

How the hell did we shut out UCF in Orlando? They must be REALLY bad.

Archived