• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is the BE worthy of 9 NCAAT Teams?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

Thats the real question we need to ask ourselves?  Secondly will beating G'town a second time bump a number 22 ranked team from the tourney for the likes of a USF team that has pretty much zero name recognition in men's basketball post season?  Unless all the top seeds win the conference tourneys, my confidence is pretty shaky on USF making it unless they beat G'town and scare the Beegeebiz out of Syracuse.

• Content Count:  6,617
  • Days Won:  51

Thats the real question we need to ask ourselves?  Secondly will beating G'town a second time bump a number 22 ranked team from the tourney for the likes of a USF team that has pretty much zero name recognition in men's basketball post season?  Unless all the top seeds win the conference tourneys, my confidence is pretty shaky on USF making it unless they beat G'town and scare the Beegeebiz out of Syracuse.

9 teams is no problem... I think you're right about hangin with Cuse before we can feel a little better

Guest nybullsfan

Worthy?

12 teams are worthy. No more than 8 will get in though. I predict 7. We're out if we don't beat Cuse

• Content Count:  1,081
  • Days Won:  2

8 teams minimum will make it IMO...i say 9

• Content Count:  771
  • Days Won:  0

Worthy?

12 teams are worthy. No more than 8 will get in though. I predict 7. We're out if we don't beat Cuse

agreed...we need to beat the cuse.  I think if we beat georgetown we will be a high seed in the nit. 

• Content Count:  6,617
  • Days Won:  51

Worthy?

agreed...we need to beat the cuse.  I think if we beat georgetown we will be a high seed in the nit. 

It's hard to separate the Homerism but I really think BE gets 9 teams.  Hell, 8 are in already.  We also have to learn from this and stop scheduling OOC cupcakes and get tougher.  I know it takes a lot of time to schedule games but it's 10x easier for basketball than football. 

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

No way 9 gets in. If we get in expect ND or GU to go to the NIT.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

The funny thing is these "experts" don't even see that the Hoyas are on the bubble. They have a team with NINE losses as a FOUR seed. They need some help.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

No way 9 gets in. If we get in expect ND or GU to go to the NIT.

I wouldn't go as far as to say no way. G'Town is in even if we beat them. They rolled Duke and had some other nice Big East wins. Their RPI is 14 and SOS is 1.

It would be interesting to see what happens to ND if they lose to SH.

Archived