• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kloss facing grand theft charges

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,688
  • Days Won:  424

Just so I understand this right: You can't link to Tampabay.com because it's a paid site? Who are you paying? How much?

I think Ricky thinks the only St Pete Times stuff available online is on your Electronic Edition, http://tampabay.com/mystpetetimes/ , which IS a pay site. He must not be familiar with the plain old tampabay.com ...

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just so I understand this right: You can't link to Tampabay.com because it's a paid site? Who are you paying? How much?

And, if I understand this right, because it's a "paid site," you'll just cut and paste the content and not link, so all the traffic goes here rather than to where you got it from?

Might be the smartest post I've ever seen.

Greg, it's in your newspaper so I'm guessing anyone can read it in there.  But if I put a link to the website people couldn't get to it.  I get the website for free since I subscribe to the paper.  I'm not trying to steal anything.  And it may have been in your blog but haven't checked it out.  People on here are always asking for "links" and didn't know how else to do it. 

Sorry.

Ricky, as I mentioned in my previous post, there is St Pete Times content available free online at tampabay.com that can be linked to ...... and, for future reference, if you do have information only available from a pay site, I don't think Brad is comfortable having that information cut and pasted here.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,717
  • Days Won:  109

And, if I understand this right, because it's a "paid site," you'll just cut and paste the content and not link, so all the traffic goes here rather than to where you got it from?

Greg, it's in your newspaper so I'm guessing anyone can read it in there.  But if I put a link to the website people couldn't get to it.  I get the website for free since I subscribe to the paper.  I'm not trying to steal anything.  And it may have been in your blog but haven't checked it out.  People on here are always asking for "links" and didn't know how else to do it. 

Sorry.

Ricky, as I mentioned in my previous post, there is St Pete Times content available free online at tampabay.com that can be linked to ...... and, for future reference, if you do have information only available from a pay site, I don't think Brad is comfortable having that information cut and pasted here.

You are correct Triple B, I was not familiar with the other site.  When I was subscribed to Scout.com I didn't post any premium content.  I just figured that newspapers were not "premium" content and didn't mean to start a riot.  And had I read Greg's blog it WAS already there.  A mistake on my part guys.  Apologized already but I'll do it again.

• Content Count:  22,717
  • Days Won:  109

I don't see anything on here about our kicking hopeful being arrested down in Southern Florida.  When Jose Jose got arrested there was lots to be said.  Verrrrrry Interrresting.

There was already a thread

http://thebullspen.com/index.php?topic=70399.0 - You didn't even bother to check the SECOND PAGE???

It was the THIRD THREAD FROM THE TOP

- He is not a Bull.

- He was not given a scholarship.. only a PREFERRED WALK-ON as a kicker... of which we already have 4 scholarships kickers (and 2 punters.)

Are you seriously that desperate to stir things up... ignorant... or just plain dumb?

Jose Jose was a totally different matter... He was a highly recruited player by both USF and UCF and other big name schools.

He was given a scholarship to UCF.. to which they totally bragged about stealing him from us.

...Fail to see the difference still?

:Duh

I read the article that morning so never thought to check the 2nd page.  I looked at all the postings that said "today" and didn't see it. 

Not that I need to explain myself to you, but I hadn't been on the board in 2 or 3 days and was just jumping on to see the reaction to that article.

I don't take the "dumb" comment well.  I was smart enough to retire at age 49.  'Nuff said.  Let's see how well you make out with that bright guy.

Sorry.

You are correct Triple B, I was not familiar with the other site.  When I was subscribed to Scout.com I didn't post any premium content.  I just figured that newspapers were not "premium" content and didn't mean to start a riot.  And had I read Greg's blog it WAS already there.  A mistake on my part guys.  Apologized already but I'll do it again.

Then I apologize because you are aware of that policy here .... As far as newspapers not being premium content, that's probably correct. I'm not sure if there are any out there that charge for their online content ...

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

Sorry.

Then I apologize because you are aware of that policy here .... As far as newspapers not being premium content, that's probably correct. I'm not sure if there are any out there that charge for their online content ...

I think the wall street journal does?

Guest Sunburned

St Petersburg Times Online

"Terms of Use:

Users are prohibited from publishing, reproducing, broadcasting or selling any portion of the St. Petersburg Times or PARADE Magazine in any way that may infringe on the copyrights of Times Publishing Company or PARADE Magazine." 

http://www.tampabay.com/mystpetetimes/

St Petersburg Times Online

"Terms of Use:

Users are prohibited from publishing, reproducing, broadcasting or selling any portion of the St. Petersburg Times or PARADE Magazine in any way that may infringe on the copyrights of Times Publishing Company or PARADE Magazine." 

http://www.tampabay.com/mystpetetimes/

he quoted the source and the Author, I don't see that as copyright infringement...

• Content Count:  37,667
  • Days Won:  29

So was Kloss arrested for copy and pasting ?

;)

I just read the final page and you would think  ;D

I think he'll "kick" himself off the team.  8-)

So was Kloss arrested for copy and pasting ?

;)

I just read the final page and you would think  ;D

I think he'll "kick" himself off the team.  8-)

bah bum bum

Archived