• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kloss facing grand theft charges

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,639
  • Days Won:  424

Just so I understand this right: You can't link to Tampabay.com because it's a paid site? Who are you paying? How much?

And, if I understand this right, because it's a "paid site," you'll just cut and paste the content and not link, so all the traffic goes here rather than to where you got it from?

Might be the smartest post I've ever seen.

Greg, it's in your newspaper so I'm guessing anyone can read it in there.  But if I put a link to the website people couldn't get to it.  I get the website for free since I subscribe to the paper.  I'm not trying to steal anything.  And it may have been in your blog but haven't checked it out.  People on here are always asking for "links" and didn't know how else to do it. 

Sorry.

Ricky, as I mentioned in my previous post, there is St Pete Times content available free online at tampabay.com that can be linked to ...... and, for future reference, if you do have information only available from a pay site, I don't think Brad is comfortable having that information cut and pasted here.

You are correct Triple B, I was not familiar with the other site.  When I was subscribed to Scout.com I didn't post any premium content.  I just figured that newspapers were not "premium" content and didn't mean to start a riot.  And had I read Greg's blog it WAS already there.  A mistake on my part guys.  Apologized already but I'll do it again.

Then I apologize because you are aware of that policy here .... As far as newspapers not being premium content, that's probably correct. I'm not sure if there are any out there that charge for their online content ...

I think the wall street journal does?

Yeah, that one popped into my head after i wrote that ... may be more but can't be many.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Frgom Greg's blog today:

-- Naples Barron Collier kicker Marvin Kloss, arrested Friday and facing a felony charge of grand theft, plans to contest the charge against him, according to his Naples attorney, Kristen Rodger. His arraignment isn't until March 29, but Rodger said her client has denied any involvement with the theft in question and hopes to have the charge dropped.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2010/03/notes-ucf-releases-jose-from-scholarship.html

• Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

So was Kloss arrested for copy and pasting ?

;)

I just read the final page and you would think  ;D

I think he'll "kick" himself off the team.  8-)

bah bum bum

:drummer

• Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

Not a huge deal. Yes, cutting and pasting an entire post with attribution is technically better than doing so without. I think the general practice, whether you copy the whole deal or just a snippet, is to offer a link back to the source ...

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Greg, I was wondering if you had read the police reports involved with Kloss. According to one newpaper, Kloss supposedly admitted to the police that he had taken a watch and tried to throw it down a sewage drain. Did you come across anything about that in your research on this matter?

• Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

I have not seen the arrest report. Will try to catch up on that once I'm back in Tampa ...

Archived