• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Adidas shoes on the court...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  329
  • Days Won:  0

I've noticed this recently while standing down on the court during the games...

Why does Gilchrist wear Adidas shoes, while the rest of team wears the sponsored Under Armours?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,633

Good question. They wore adidas last year, didn't they?

• Content Count:  329

Good question. They wore adidas last year, didn't they?

Yeah, but shouldn't he be wearing UA's since they're under contract?

UCF lost their contract with Adidas, cause Michael Jordan's son refused to wear Adidas, and wore Nike's at their first game.

Maybe it has something to do with his injury? Maybe UA doesn't have a shoe yet that offers the right kind of support for his ankle?

• Content Count:  1,633

Prolly has a lot to do with that, UA doesn't have a lot to offer in the basketball shoe selection and until they do, I'm sure there is a grace period of converting everyone over.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

I had heard that Gilchrist uses Adidas because of the narrowness and support it provides. I think there are clauses in the contracts that allow players to use other brands if they can cite medical reasons.

• Content Count:  545

From what I heard, Under Armour was very leniant this year with shoes because the basketball shoe was so new to them.  I look for them to be more strict once they are producing the highest quality basketball shoe, like their other shoes now.

Guest Scherdin

From what I heard, Under Armour was very leniant this year with shoes because the basketball shoe was so new to them.  I look for them to be more strict once they are producing the highest quality basketball shoe, like their other shoes now.

This is correct, UA has not officially launched their basketball shoe yet, so their is some wiggle room.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

After your ankle exploded in some Under Armour shoes would you wear them?

Kid probably said "Coach I can't wear these shoes. Please find an exception."

• Content Count:  1,985

Yeah, all the Vegans must love them since I have never picked up a pair made with leather.... Or not made in China.. ****, I hate that... You want to help the economy?  Start producing your $95 running shoes in this country... same with the $30 tee shirts....

Sorry, I like UA as a sponsor and wear their non-Chinese gear, but all of the US companies, UA, Nike, Footjoy, piss me off these days.....

Guest Sunburned

Sorry, I like UA as a sponsor and wear their non-Chinese gear, but all of the US companies, UA, Nike, Footjoy, **** me off these days.....

Well then, unless you have a change of heart, you will remain pissed off for the remainder of your life.

Archived