• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I am glad USF did not make a bowl game.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

If we had snuck in and gotten to a bowl game this year, I think it would have been embarrassing. It would have been on a horrible day in, probably, a less than desirable location. Turnout would have been dismal ........... IMO.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788
  • Days Won:  3

I agree. Don't go to a bowl game until you stand a chance of winning. To get in on technicality (ala North Texas a few years back....overall losing record, but conference wins gets 'em in) is not the way to go.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I think it would be cool if our first bowl game is a BCS bowl game. I don't think teams that finish 7-5, 8-4, etc. deserve to go bowling. You should have to finish with no more than 3 losses.It used to be a reward and something special to get invited to a bowl game now half of the teams in D1 go.

Guest HowieP1

I'm only glad we didn't make it to a bowl game this year because we can still use a win over a 1-AA team, if necessary, to become bowl eligible in 2005.  :-/

I'm only glad we didn't make it to a bowl game this year because we can still use a win over a 1-AA team, if necessary, to become bowl eligible in 2005.  :-/

Great point. Using that up to go to the Poulan Weedeater Bowl would have been a travesty!

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

If the first USF bowl is in FL, it will be like the first game in the Ole Sombero.  Everybody and thier Uncle will come out from under the rocks just to say they were there.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

Even if the game was in Orlando and against a big name team I don't think we would have more than 5-6K of our ticket holders going.  We just don't matter that much to most people out there, even our season ticket holders..  I'll bet almost half the season ticket seats go unused during a season.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  743
  • Days Won:  1

I think a bowl esp in FL would be well attended, just cause its the first bowl game.

I would fly in for it.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788
  • Days Won:  3

I gotta be real honest here...it does depend on where the bowl game is as to whether or not I attend.  If it's in Detroit or Memphis or Fort Worth or some other non-tourist-in-December venue, I don't think I'd make the trip. If it's either (a) BCS related or (b ) someplace of moderate interest, I'd go. That's just me.  8)

Even if the game was in Orlando and against a big name team I don't think we would have more than 5-6K of our ticket holders going.  We just don't matter that much to most people out there, even our season ticket holders..

Now, I'll disagree with that. A game an hour away that doesn't involve a hefty time and financial commitment would get a pretty good turnout, especially since it probably wouldn't be going against a UF or FSU game .........