• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How many Big East teams will go dancing?

Guest nybullsfan

How many Big East teams will go dancing?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest nybullsfan

I think we'll only get 7, but some broadcasters are predicting 10!

What do you think?

EDIT: Here are the most recent seedings

Noon: 16.DEP @ 9.USF >> 8.GT >> 1.Cuse

7PM: 15.PC @ 10.SHU >> 7.ND >> 2.Pitt

9PM: 14.RU @ 11.UC >> 6.UL >> 3.WVU

2PM: 13.SJU @ 12.UCONN >> 5.MQ >> 4.Nova

1-SU 15-3

2-PITT 13-5 (2-1)

3-WVU 13-5 (2-2)

4-VU 13-5 (1-2)

5-MU 11-7 (1-0)

6-UL 11-7 (0-1)

7-ND 10-8 (1-0)

8-GU 10-8 (0-1)

9-USF 9-9

10-SHU 9-9

11-UC 7-11 (2-0)

12-UCONN 7-11 (0-2)

13-SJU 6-12

14-RU 5-13

15-PC 4-14

16-DEP 1-17

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

I think 8-9.  If we beat GTWON, we could be the ninth team to get in.  But if we lose,  I say we miss the cut.  I doubt SHU will get in, or UCONN.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,490
  • Days Won:  13

• Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  2

I still think the voters want to avoid a 9th team so that they don't have to put 3 teams from the same conf in the same region.  They'll never say that, but it's no secret that the brackets (and seeds) are manipulated to make teams fit right.

That being said, a ninth team would have to give them an overwhelming reason to be included.  Our biggest bubble competition comes from within our own conf.  UC is done.  We have a better argument now than UCONN.  Somehow SHU stays ahead of us, don't know why.  So who in the Top 8 do you take out to put us in?  Even with wins over DEP and GU in MSG, our case isn't overwhelmingly strong.  Beat SU and it's a different matter, and perhaps a team like ND gets nervous if they bow out early.

Guest nybullsfan

I still think the voters want to avoid a 9th team so that they don't have to put 3 teams from the same conf in the same region.  They'll never say that, but it's no secret that the brackets (and seeds) are manipulated to make teams fit right.

That being said, a ninth team would have to give them an overwhelming reason to be included.  Our biggest bubble competition comes from within our own conf.  UC is done.  We have a better argument now than UCONN.  Somehow SHU stays ahead of us, don't know why.  So who in the Top 8 do you take out to put us in?  Even with wins over DEP and GU in MSG, our case isn't overwhelmingly strong.  Beat SU and it's a different matter, and perhaps a team like ND gets nervous if they bow out early.

Added the most recent seeding info to the main post to help you decide  ;D

Will update it when final. Looks like SHU's going to beat PC

• Content Count:  937
  • Days Won:  0

My opinion.. are only shot is if we beat Syracuse or go all the way.

Otherwise here comes NIT

• Content Count:  937

no way there will be more then 8 teams. Probably 7, they just dont like having 8+ teams make the tourny

• Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

Probably 8, but the bubble is a strange place, and a lot of things can (and will) happen between now and Selection Sunday. It could be only 7.

• Content Count:  1,204

Seven at minimum, though I think right now that eight will get in.  As many as 11 if things go crazy in the tourney (such as we take out Cuse, UConn takes out Nova, and Seton Hall Takes out Pitt).  I don't think it'll go crazy like that, but I think it'd be hard for them to exclude ND and Marquette. 

I think we're in if we take out Georgetown.  If anything it would be because we'd have a better record than Georgetown and would have beaten them twice, so Georgetown might get knocked out in that case.

We know Louisville should be in after beating Cuse. 

Should be an interesting week.  I'd love to get in the tournament, but I'll take a 20 win season if we beat DePaul and go to the NIT.  That should rev up the hype machine for next year, especially if Jones returns.

Archived