• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Plancher's 6th year thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

I wouldn't mind him staying. Assuming Skip doesn't hold the same allegiance to longer termed players that Leavitt did. That was definitely Leavitt's primary fault. Another year of force fed Plancher if he's not our best back will immediately put a sour taste in my mouth.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  763
  • Days Won:  0

I think its time the younger guys get a shot.

Exactly! It's time for Demetris Murray to bust his @ss this off-season and take the starting role.

ESPN's review of Murray

We have one question-- why isn't this kid getting a lot of attention? Murray is likely the best running back we have seen that no one has heard of and he is an absolute load. He's built like a junior LT at the high school level. He has very good home run speed for a big back, and he is a guy that can go all the way if he has a seam. He is not necessarily a dancer, he is more of a north and south explosive type back that hits the hole and he is gone, and one of his best attributes is his explosiveness upon take off in his ability to hit the point of attack. In fact, he hits the hole so quickly that one of the areas that he needs to improve is his ability to slow down, be more patient, and let his blocks develop as sometimes he will get to the hole before the block is there. He is so difficult to bring down and is capable of running through you or around you and will drag several tacklers down the field. He shows very good leg drive and power at the point of attack and is a smooth, slashing runner with excellent ease of movement. Is a fluid runner with a stocky build and although he lacks great height, he uses it to his advantage and runs with great pad level. Murray is a back that can wear a defense down quickly and gets stronger in the 4th than he is in the 1st. Keep an eye on Murray as someone is going to get a great running back with big upside.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

We need Mo since we no longer have Ford...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,591
  • Days Won:  424

Mike Ford dismissed from the team??? What did I miss??

failed a drug test.... 3rd one....team policy is 3 and your out

Link?

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2010/02/usf-dismisses-rb-mike-ford-from-team.html

Just wanted to make sure it was still speculation about the drugs .... a strong speculation, but a speculation nonetheless.

• Content Count:  86

Skip will play the best back available. Mo has invaluable experience. However I think his role will be limited.

Guest Scherdin

Skip will play the best back available. Mo has invaluable experience. However I think his role will be limited.

+1

If he stands out as the best and doesn't fumble the ball...then he deserves to play. Otherwise who ever steps up deserves the role

• Content Count:  7,890

Link?

Just wanted to make sure it was still speculation about the drugs .... a strong speculation, but a speculation nonetheless.

also if it is true its not a TEAM rule but school rule for all athletics

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,591
  • Days Won:  424

Link?

also if it is true its not a TEAM rule but school rule for all athletics

That was my thinking at first, too ... but looking back to Mike's 2 game suspension for the first two games of 2009, that was also called an unspecified violation of team rules and the 2 game suspension falls in line with Athletics drug policy .... BUT the 2 game suspension could also have been for missing classes over the summer.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

IMO, we won't recognize most players as far as the way that they played last year. A change in a system (which we haven't had on O since Andre left), can really create a spark for most players. Will we line up in an I and run an off tackle with a pulling guard? Has Mo or any other RB's had more than a handful of chances to run that play? No.

• Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

http://twitter.com/usffootball

#USF running back Mo Plancher , who led #USF RBs in yardage, has received a 6th year of eligibility from the NCAA: http://bit.ly/aYUDZY

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=204900225

NCAA Grants Mo Plancher a Sixth Year of Eligibility

Courtesy: USF

Release: 03/03/2010

TAMPA -- University of South Florida senior Moise Plancher, who led all Bulls' running backs with 581 yards in 2009, received a sixth-year of eligibility from the NCAA on Wednesday afternoon.

USF applied for a medical hardship waiver for Plancher, who entered college in the fall of 2005 with an injury that required a shoulder reconstruction.

"I have a list of people I want to thank, but at the top of the list has to be (USF Assistant AD for Compliance) Rick Stumpf and (head trainer) Steve Walz for working so hard to get all of my paperwork submitted," said Plancher. "I have to thank the NCAA for granting me another year and the whole USF family for showing support and believing in me.

"I am very excited about this upcoming year and I am going to do my best to help this team achieve its goal of a BIG EAST Championship."

Plancher has rushed for 946 career yards and 11 touchdowns in his career. He was the featured back for much of the 2009 season and contributed 322 yards as a junior in 2008.

Plancher will have plenty of competition for carries at the running back position with six other scholarship backs returning - Bradley Battles, Richard Kelly, Lindsey Lamar, Demetris Murray, Aston Samuels and Jamar Taylor - as well as three signees joining the team - Marcus Shaw, Michael Hayes and Tiger Powell.

The Bulls begin spring practices on March 16 and will hold the annual Spring Game at Raymond James Stadium on Saturday, April 17 at 6 p.m. Eastern. Admission to the spring game is free.

Archived