• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We won, That's all that matters, 8-9 in the Big East. Hush.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  509
  • Days Won:  0

Great hardfought win! Incredible season no matter what happens the rest of the way. With a strong finish we have a chance to have the greatest year in USF  basketball history.

However, if we play like we did tonight we will not beat UConn! Even though we are most effective when we take the ball inside we need to shoot the ball more effectively from the outside. There seems to be a lack of confidence when it comes to shooting the ball, and some players are shying away from good shots. We need to get that confidence back and just go for it the rest of the way. All that said I couldn't be happier with where we are at this point of the season.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  424

I'm not sure why some of you do this to yourselves .... We're not beating UConn ... We're NIT bound ... and that is freaking awesome.

• Content Count:  377

I'm not sure why some of you do this to yourselves .... We're not beating UConn ... We're NIT bound ... and that is freaking awesome.

It's because we're USF fans.  We're as delusional as delusional can get.  We can dream better than anybody.  Let us have our moment!

• Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Agree!  Hope for a good showing in the BET, though.

• Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  2

For the first-round bye (7 or 8 seed), we must win and:

GU loss to UC

OR

ND loses both

Should both occur, we're 7th.

A win over UConn would NOT guarantee at least 9th since a 3-way tie with ND and SHU would go:

8-ND

9-SHU

10-USF

That's the only way SHU jumps us.  A four-way tie for 7th goes:

7-ND

8-USF

9-GU

10-SHU

Here are all the possible ties at 9-9 and how they are broken:

ND-USF-GU-SHU

USF-GU

USF-GU-SHU

ND-USF-GU

ND-USF

ND-SHU-USF*

USF-SHU

USF

*This tie is the only one that breaks the rule where "ND beats USF beats GU beats SHU" because of our 0-2 record against ND.  Sadly, this one has a pretty good chance of happening since SHU's schedule stinks (RU/PC, but both on the road).

• Content Count:  1,027

Oops, didn't really include ALL possible ties since UConn could get there, but then we'd be 8-10 so I don't care.  It should have read "all possible ties involving USF."

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  424

It's because we're USF fans.  We're as delusional as delusional can get.  We can dream better than anybody.  Let us have our moment!

You're absolutely right .... Just trying to save some anguish ... Carry on.  8-)

• Content Count:  154

You're absolutely right .... Just trying to save some anguish ... Carry on.  8-)

I believe we can beat ANYBODY at home. Don't get me wrong, UConn is **** good right now. But we beat Pitt at home this year and Marquette at home last year - both big wins. As long as we don't come out flat like we did vs. SJU the other week, we have a chance.

I think beating UConn and two wins in the tournament pretty much puts us in the Big Dance - 21 wins and a decent Big East resume.

• Content Count:  3,084

Ha ha ha Ive been telling your boys Ari and Reub the same exact thing. 

• Content Count:  509

if my math is correct before this season we had won a total of 11 games in the BE; this year alone we have won at least 8. Our best win total in one season until this year was 4; this year we have at least doubled that with 8.  Nice!

Hope we can continue the upward trend next year!

Archived