• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Getting Embarrassed by the U

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,478
  • Days Won:  0

anyone know the final score?

15-2

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  959

They better wake up. That was some embarrasing play today. I mean HS teams could have whipped our ass. It is early but we will not beat anybody the way we are playing. WAKE UP BOYS !

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Florida 4? Stetson is probably the 4th best. They usually have a good baseball team I think. Florida Southern does too.

Ugh, USF needs to improve in baseball. It will happen with time.

• Content Count:  329

It's still early in the season, Miami always has a hell of a baseball program.

It's a shame it was EMPTY in there for the game though, filled up nicely for the FSU-UF game (which was a blowout as well).

I left in the 5th inning of the 2nd game, cause i was tired of sitting in the windy cold.

• Content Count:  12,293

It's a shame it was EMPTY in there for the game though, filled up nicely for the FSU-UF game (which was a blowout as well).

that is the point.  and people think we got invited to the "FLORIDA FOUR" cause we might of been the 4th best baseball program in the state...forget about that.

it had to do with where the stadium was located and all these teams (UF, Miami, FSU) are going on to play MLB teams tomorrow who are in the area (Bluejays, Phillies, Yankees)

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

here is the thing guys....our facilities for baseball are some of the worst at the d-1 level.  especially in the south.  as we upgrade those, our talent and development will improve.

although i still think that a team in florida should never have any problem winning the big east in baseball.

yet, we never come close.

college baseball is a strange sport though.  i have seen plenty of 3 game series were one team loses 12-0 to come back and win 16-1 the next day.

I wouldn't say we never come close to winning the Big East.  Last year all we had to do was win 1 game in the final series of the year vs UL to win the conference but we couldn't do it.  The year before we were competitive as well.  We're just playing horribly right now in all facets.  We have only hit in one game, so our hitting has been a huge disappointment.  The pitching has been OK at times, but the defense has been bad.  Mix all of these factors in and that leads to  1-6 record.  It will get worse too as we travel to Oklahoma this weekend for two games.

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Matt is right though, college baseball usually never has the same consistency with alot of teams because their pitching isn't like the MLB where you can just go out and trade/buy pitchers. Obviously the good teams will have more good pitchers. Really it can happen in any sport, but it seems college versions of sports are much more unpredictable - which is why I prefer them over most pro sports (though I still love pro).

Yeah, Stetson used to be a force to be reckoned with. I think UTampa was pretty decent too.

With the new athletic village stuff and baseball fields and whatnot, it will definitely help recruiting and talent and winning will come. Football, then basketball, then baseball, are the money makers in college, so they usually try to upgrade them in that order :\

Oh, and it was empty today because the game was at 4pm on a weekday - and the weather was kinda crappy, as in windy and the temp was dropping. Had it been on campus, you might have seen a few more students.

Guest nybullsfan

here is the thing guys....our facilities for baseball are some of the worst at the d-1 level.  especially in the south.  as we upgrade those, our talent and development will improve.

although i still think that a team in florida should never have any problem winning the big east in baseball.

yet, we never come close.

college baseball is a strange sport though.  i have seen plenty of 3 game series were one team loses 12-0 to come back and win 16-1 the next day.

I wouldn't say we never come close to winning the Big East.  Last year all we had to do was win 1 game in the final series of the year vs UL to win the conference but we couldn't do it.  The year before we were competitive as well.  We're just playing horribly right now in all facets.  We have only hit in one game, so our hitting has been a huge disappointment.  The pitching has been OK at times, but the defense has been bad.  Mix all of these factors in and that leads to  1-6 record.  It will get worse too [glow=yellow,2,300]as we travel to Oklahoma this weekend for two games[/glow].

Speaking of which, is anybody on here going? It's a straight shot, 8 hours or so up I-35 from here, so I was thinking about driving up, but not if it's just me.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but we've played a total of 7 games. Florida is #7 in the nation. Ohio State is #14. Miami is #16.   So 5 games have been against top 20 teams.  I hear people complain in other sports about weak OOC scheduling, but when baseball does it, heads need to roll?  When you play the best, expect to get your rear handed to you.  You can't have your cake and eat it to.

Archived