• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why USF Football Recruiting will only get better

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

If BJD gets injured our season is in serious jeopardy.

Weren't we saying that about Grothe last year? Things turned out pretty well considering.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Weren't we saying that about Grothe last year? Things turned out pretty well considering.

Not really. Except for our yearly signature win against FSU the year was sort of a disaster. Blow out losses in 3 games.

As far as recruiting goes Leavitt had long time ties to a lot of kids and schools. In some cases he had lifelong ties. That's how he ended up getting some of the kids that became stars here. His quirkiness may have cost us some kids too, but when we started to win it helped seal the deal with some.

The good publicity is great for the program and as long as we win we will get top rated kids here, but remember, once the season starts, especially in this state, the publicity becomes focused on the teams that win. We got publicity and national attention necause we pulled the big wins at FSU, Auburn, etc. Just like we recently experienced again in BB, you get noticed when you win. When you are a middle of the pack team you slip back into obscurity.

Sileo and Bianchi and Mcmurphy can love you all they want beause you make their job easier. They don't necessarily make your job easier as a football coach.

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

If BJD gets injured our season is in serious jeopardy.

Not most of us, because we knew we had at least an ok QB behind me. Turns out BJ has a ton of potential.

But no one is behind him if he gets hurt.

• Content Count:  4,016

wow pass the bottle around fellas...whatever you all are drinking i need a ton of it!!!!!!  Our recruiting is going to be magical under skip, if bj goes down we're going to be fine, and little leprechauns will bring a pot of gold to Woolard next year to build an OCS...

calm down with the euphoria...nothing will be that bad, but it certainly won't be that good either.

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Best case scenario is that we are successful in running the ball this year, which will take a lot of pressure off of BJ to make plays.  Grothe was one tough SOB, he got hurt several times in his career but not bad enough to sit out.  That happens when the QB by himself is the vast majority of the offense.

Bottom line is that if we have a good season for our running backs, we should have a pretty good year, and BJ will most likely be fine throughout. 

Best case scenario is that we are successful in running the ball this year, which will take a lot of pressure off of BJ to make plays.  Grothe was one tough SOB, he got hurt several times in his career but not bad enough to sit out.  That happens when the QB by himself is the vast majority of the offense.

Bottom line is that if we have a good season for our running backs, we should have a pretty good year, and BJ will most likely be fine throughout. 

agreed but BJ likes to dance a little running AND scrambling.  Matt did too but he was very systematic about going down.  One of those kind of guys where players rarely got a good shot on him because he always was twisting or turning and dropped-- some players are like that where they always seem to get tackled the way they want to.  BJ's one of those hard cutting type of guys, and he scares me because those type can tear something or cut hard into someone...

He stays healthy and we should have a pretty good year.

• Content Count:  20

CSH will not only help recruiting with his media friendly approach, but will help build this program and take it to the next level. The thing that sticks out when I hear him in an interview is his enthusiasm and believe that he has for what he is saying. His attitude is infectious and inspiring and will solidify and grow the program on every level: fan base, boosters/donors, sponsors, administration and yes, players!

Another point, not only do I agree that we will continue to land more sought after players, but we will start doing more with the talent we have. With all the penalties and being out coached the last few years, I'd say that we've underachieved. CSH overachieved at EC with moderate talent level. His first recruiting class there had only 2 star athletes and that group became one of the winningest classes in school history. This guy is a winner! Not to say that CJL wasn't, its just a completely different style. The USF nation will always be thankful to CJL, but I doubt very seriously that CSH would even have to resort to putting hands on a player at all.

WE HAVE A LEADER AND THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT!!!

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

wow pass the bottle around fellas...whatever you all are drinking i need a ton of it!!!!!!  Our recruiting is going to be magical under skip, if bj goes down we're going to be fine, and little leprechauns will bring a pot of gold to Woolard next year to build an OCS...

calm down with the euphoria...nothing will be that bad, but it certainly won't be that good either.

we have no competent back up qb

CSH will not only help recruiting with his media friendly approach, but will help build this program and take it to the next level. The thing that sticks out when I hear him in an interview is his enthusiasm and believe that he has for what he is saying. His attitude is infectious and inspiring and will solidify and grow the program on every level: fan base, boosters/donors, sponsors, administration and yes, players!

Another point, not only do I agree that we will continue to land more sought after players, but we will start doing more with the talent we have. With all the penalties and being out coached the last few years, I'd say that we've underachieved. CSH overachieved at EC with moderate talent level. His first recruiting class there had only 2 star athletes and that group became one of the winningest classes in school history. This guy is a winner! Not to say that CJL wasn't, its just a completely different style. The USF nation will always be thankful to CJL, but I doubt very seriously that CSH would even have to resort to putting hands on a player at all.

ND is going to love him in 5 years.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

ND is going to love him in 5 years.

nd

Archived