• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why USF Football Recruiting will only get better

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

Coach Holtz,

Was very good in Carolina using the media to spread his message and he has brought that same media savvy mindset here to Tampa.  In his short time here he has been on 620 twice, 1010 twice, and few of 1010's sister stations this morning with future appearances scheduled.  A recruit and or their parents will hear Coach Holtz throughout the year spreading his message and getting the media behind him to help.  Just look at the recent article by Bianchi and a recent interview conducted by the Orlando Sentinel.  This saturation of the Holtz message can only increase expeosure and get more kids to view USF has a valid alternative to the other BCS schools in the state.  This coupled with the Bulls winning more conference games than in the past will translate to better recruiting and a Big East Title by year three of the Holtz regime.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  86
  • Days Won:  0

the sky is the limit at this point. hope we feel the same way in a year.

• Content Count:  4,879

tough schedule for his first year.  5-2 in BE would be great accomplishment.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

He still has to do it on the field. 

We were starting to get some momentum before the firing.  I was concerned about recruiting because of the timing of the firing.  I'm still a little concerned for the next year or two.  Let's just hope that Daniels stays healthy and Bogan, Love and Griffin Stay healthy.  We are also losing perhaps 5 NFL caliber players off the defense.  It is not inconceivable that we could tank this year with a couple of key injuries, new coaches and new schemes. 

All the media savvy in the world is great, but top recruits still want to play for a winning team.  Once the season starts it is all about wins and losses. 

That being said, barring devastating injuries, I believe Holtz will move the team forward.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

He still has to do it on the field. 

We were starting to get some momentum before the firing.  I was concerned about recruiting because of the timing of the firing.  I'm still a little concerned for the next year or two.  Let's just hope that Daniels stays healthy and Bogan, Love and Griffin Stay healthy.  We are also losing perhaps 5 NFL caliber players off the defense.  It is not inconceivable that we could tank this year with a couple of key injuries, new coaches and new schemes. 

All the media savvy in the world is great, but top recruits still want to play for a winning team.  Once the season starts it is all about wins and losses. 

That being said, barring devastating injuries, I believe Holtz will move the team forward.

if BJD gets hurt our season is COMPLETELY over... no questions asked

• Content Count:  640

im pretty confident landi or gunsby will be able to step in.

I'm not! Gunsby has no college experience and Landi is switching his mindset to WR. If BJD gets injured our season is in serious jeopardy.

• Content Count:  1,633

im pretty confident landi or gunsby will be able to step in.

I'm not! Gunsby has no college experience and Landi is switching his mindset to WR. If BJD gets injured our season is in serious jeopardy.

How much game experience did BJ have before this year? A few mop-up games, almost an entire calendar year before? Not that I think Gunsby is the answer next year, or even the year after, but I am sure the coaches will have a plan...Maybe they'll just run a wildcat for the rest of the season. Ha!

• Content Count:  640

We really need to recruit well over the next couple of years. I agree with the theory that Holtz's media savvy will only help recruiting, and help it big time. Good publicity, which comes with winning, does wonders for recruits' opinion of a school.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,674
  • Days Won:  424

The Spring game will give us a glimpse of what life without BJ would be like ....

Archived