• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

McShay's New Draft Board

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  0

I would be somewhat irate if the Bucs picked JPP at #3. They need someone to come in and start, not a project player. McShay is a dope. Maybe if the Bucs drop down, taking him somewhere between 12-20, I could see that a little more.

• Content Count:  118

WOW a possible Cowboy defensive backfield of ProBowler Mike Jenkins and Nate Allen!  I am a Redskins fan so it kind of sucks but I am still excited for that possibility!

• Content Count:  407

The Bucs need to pick Eric Berry, no questions asked.

JPP will be a first rounder, Would love to see him be a Bronco.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,639
  • Days Won:  424

I would be somewhat irate if the Bucs picked JPP at #3. They need someone to come in and start, not a project player. McShay is a dope. Maybe if the Bucs drop down, taking him somewhere between 12-20, I could see that a little more.

Suh or Cody will probably be there at 3 .... Even these Bucs couldn't be so clueless as to bypass one of them. JPP needs to be a luxury pick for someone, not a real need pick, he will be a project ... Call McShay a dope was an understatement.

• Content Count:  849

Eric Berry isn't going to be effective in Tampa if there is no pass rush, Bucs ranked 26th in the league in sacks....it doesn't matter how talented your secondary is, if you don't generate a pass rush, the QB will pick you apart...plus premium pass rushers are more valuable than safeties any day of the week....

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

I think JPP would have to absolutely blow up at the combine in order to justify being picked 3rd overall. And besides, I bet the Bucs are so cheap that they could trade down, save a bunch of guaranteed money, and pick someone later in the first round. In fact, if they want JPP, that's what they should do unless JPP's stock keeps going up.

Guest Scherdin

I think JPP would have to absolutely blow up at the combine in order to justify being picked 3rd overall. And besides, I bet the Bucs are so cheap that they could trade down, save a bunch of guaranteed money, and pick someone later in the first round. In fact, if they want JPP, that's what they should do unless JPP's stock keeps going up.

Trading down may not be a bad idea, gives them the opp to stock pile some more picks since they need help on both sides of the ball. 

Besides secondary and some DE's they need a WR too

Being a big Broncos fan, I don't think JPP would fit that well in the 3-4 scheme. Plus we need LB's and WR's first

• Content Count:  162

Eric Berry isn't going to be effective in Tampa if there is no pass rush, Bucs ranked 26th in the league in sacks....it doesn't matter how talented your secondary is, if you don't generate a pass rush, the QB will pick you apart...plus premium pass rushers are more valuable than safeties any day of the week....

That is true, however, JPP is far from a PROVEN premium pass rusher and Berry is far from your run of the mill safety...

• Content Count:  1,633

Why would they want to draft someone else that has to learn and adjust to a system? As bad as Sabby was this year, he is still learning. He has the tools to succeed, he just needs to implement them.

Suh or Cody will probably be there at 3 .... Even these Bucs couldn't be so clueless as to bypass one of them. JPP needs to be a luxury pick for someone, not a real need pick, he will be a project ... Call McShay a dope was an understatement.

And I hope you meant McCoy. Cody is SOFT. Do you think he'll be able to perform at 400lbs? In the Cover Two, a 400 blob doesn't help. You need someone who can get up-field and create havoc.

Archived