• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Georgetown Student Section vs USF Student Section

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

meh, it is basketball, which just cannot pull people like football can.

That shouldn't be the case when you're talking about the students. There was a time long ago where you couldn't find a student seat regardless of who we were playing or what our record was.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  791
  • Days Won:  3

I think Georgetown students have to pay $10 for student tickets; USF students have it pretty good getting in free for USF BB games.

• Content Count:  91
  • Days Won:  0

I was at the game 10 rows back the USF bench.  Can't believe how empty the entire arena was.  Seemed like 3/4ths of he joint was bare.

I mean the center court seats were somewhat full, but we definitely had seats in between ours and the guys sitting next to us and we had AWESOME seats.  The other shocker was the Georgetown student section.  What a worthless scene that is.  They are the #7 team in the country and I aint lying.....maybe 800 kids there.  Place was bare.

I thought our student showing is pathetic, but at least we have an excuse....we sucked for 17 years.  These guys have the #7 team in the country and nobody shows up.  Comical.

Comical? Get serious. It's a road game hundreds of miles away on a Wednesday night. People got stuff to do. Maybe you dont?

• Content Count:  5,241

That shouldn't be the case when you're talking about the students. There was a time long ago where you couldn't find a student seat regardless of who we were playing or what our record was.

That was then, this is now. Students can't drop everything 2-3 times a week for 3 months for basketball. It isn't a priority.

• Content Count:  91

That was then, this is now. Students can't drop everything 2-3 times a week for 3 months for basketball. It isn't a priority.

exactly.

• Content Count:  2,478

Also, consider that the arena is not on campus. Then again, they do have the Metro system.

The DC metro doesn't extend into Georgetown.... big uproar back in the days when they tried to expand into G'town but the residents went against it

I'm 99% percent sure that game was played at the Verizon Center last night. If that's true the metro DEFINITELY goes there.

• Content Count:  259

exactly.

NO clue what you are talking about.  The Verizon center is right downtown.  Not a hundread miles away.  And Gtown students can walk to Rosslyn or take the bus 5 blocks for free to the  Metro station.  Half of the kids live on the VA side anways.  No excuses for how pathetic their student showing was.  They are the #7 team in the country.

• Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Glad to hear the problem is not limited to USF, and even the #8 team in the country has issues pulling in a crowd.

Another thing, its WEDNESDAY!

You've obviously never lived up North.  It's role reversal from the South when it comes to fball and bball.  bball is more popular in the North. 

• Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

USF fans have no room to disparage ANY program's fans.  In general USF fans' bball IQ and attendance are laughable. 

• Content Count:  684

Also, consider that the arena is not on campus. Then again, they do have the Metro system.

The DC metro doesn't extend into Georgetown.... big uproar back in the days when they tried to expand into G'town but the residents went against it

I'm 99% percent sure that game was played at the Verizon Center last night. If that's true the metro DEFINITELY goes there.

Yes, it was at the Verizon Center, which is in the Penn Quarter neighborhood i believe, and it does have Metro access....  but Georgetown, the neighborhood and school, do not have metro access

Archived