• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Carnes commits to WKU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

if Holtz pulled the offer to save us embarrassment it is a recruiting loss nonetheless. If he pulled the offer because he has another highly recruited player in mind then I can't wait to find out who it is. No news after today? Or do I need to join Rivals to find out?

He brought in Gunsby, who is much more talented than Carnes despite the stars.

do you honestly believe this?

While Gunsby may be good... he was projected as  TE at UF... fact remains, Carnes is CONSIDERABLY more talented.

But for what we need the most talented QB out there wouldn't be very happy; and possibly transfer in a year or two. What we have is BJ who by all means would have been the starter with Carnes on campus as well. That means Carnes would have took a redshirt AND sit 2 years just to see the field. By all means as much as I believe Brion wanted to be here in July I have a feeling his interest waned every time that BJ had a good game because it was just adding to him sitting on the bench. Gunsby will be a fine back up for 4 years; because by the time BJ graduates I expect to have a RS Sophomore QB ready to jump in. Next year is the year we need to get a highly touted QB(Stevie Weatherford?) not this year

if we added Brion we could have run the 'toro loco' again...

Coaches find ways to put true talent on the field. One bad tackle or false step and Carnes would be our starter.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

LOL

Can't wait to see WKU get destroyed by both NU and USF this year. Maybe they'll go 3-9 this year.

• Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

if Holtz pulled the offer to save us embarrassment it is a recruiting loss nonetheless. If he pulled the offer because he has another highly recruited player in mind then I can't wait to find out who it is. No news after today? Or do I need to join Rivals to find out?

While Gunsby may be good... he was projected as  TE at UF... fact remains, Carnes is CONSIDERABLY more talented.

But for what we need the most talented QB out there wouldn't be very happy; and possibly transfer in a year or two. What we have is BJ who by all means would have been the starter with Carnes on campus as well. That means Carnes would have took a redshirt AND sit 2 years just to see the field. By all means as much as I believe Brion wanted to be here in July I have a feeling his interest waned every time that BJ had a good game because it was just adding to him sitting on the bench. Gunsby will be a fine back up for 4 years; because by the time BJ graduates I expect to have a RS Sophomore QB ready to jump in. Next year is the year we need to get a highly touted QB(Stevie Weatherford?) not this year

Coaches find ways to put true talent on the field. One bad tackle or false step and Carnes would be our starter.

Landi would be our backup, even if it weakens our WR unit.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

if that were the case i would have GLADLY RS Carnes

• Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

if that were the case i would have GLADLY RS Carnes

Yeah, and I was hoping that would have happened.  Now, though, we can redshirt Gunsby and see if he develops into a QB or has to switch positions, whereas Carnes maybe couldn't have done that.  Also, it appears that Carnes might not have gotten in from the academic committee at USF (see above post about him not yet posting a qualifying score), so maybe we just couldn't wait and take a chance on him. 

This doesn't hurt nearly as bad as not getting Geno Smith last year.  We'll need to get a great QB next year.  Whoever we get next year might start as a redshirt soph.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,646
  • Days Won:  29

Not sure of their QB situation, but he'll get a nice welcome here  ;D

Archived