• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Could Bulls' LB answer be Chaminade duo?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

January 30, 2010

Could Bulls' LB answer be Chaminade duo?

If there's a position most glaringly unaddressed in USF's recruiting efforts, it might be linebacker, where the Bulls' only newcomer right now is junior college transfer Curtis Weatherspoon.

There are no linebackers believed to be visiting USF on this final weekend before signing day, but the Bulls remain in the thick of competition for a pair of outside linebackers from Hollywood's Chaminade-Madonna College Prep, Hans Louis and Ruben Narcisse.

Both are 6-1, with Louis weighing 220 and Narcisse 210, and USF assistant Mark Snyder, widely expected to be the Bulls' defensive coordinator, has been interested in both since his days as Marshall's head coach. Both made official visits to USF last weekend, and while Louis picked up a scholarship offer, Narcisse is eagerly awaiting word from Bulls coaches Sunday with a potential offer.

"I like USF and West Virginia. They're the main two," said Narcisse, who did not make any visits this weekend.

Louis has offers from USF and West Virginia but is committed to Marshall, and is making a visit this weekend to Western Kentucky. The fact that Narcisse hasn't accepted West Virginia's offer has to speak well of USF's chances, and offering him -- if USF doesn't land all its targets this weekend, for instance -- could help the Bulls land his close friend and teammate, Louis.

"I would love for us to play together," Narcisse said.

Posted by Greg Auman at 05:40:40 PM on January 30, 2010 in Football , Recruiting | Permalink | Comments (0)

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2010/01/could-bulls-lb-answer-be-chaminade-duo.html

According to Scout, WVU already has verbals from FOUR LB's. Perhaps, they both had offers from WVU at one time, but I'd be somewhat surprised if that's still the case, unless their recruiting coordinator is also their LB coach.  ;)  ;D

http://westvirginia.scout.com/a.z?s=159&p=9&c=8&yr=2010

• Content Count:  509
  • Days Won:  0

I'm not excited about either one. Louis is a two star recruit (i know, I know....), and Narcisse hasn't even been evaluated by Rivals. I think if both sign something would have gone terribly wrong in recruiting!

I'm not excited about either one. Louis is a two star recruit (i know, I know....), and Narcisse hasn't even been evaluated by Rivals. I think if both sign something would have gone terribly wrong in recruiting!

USF signee Curtis Weatherspoon is also rated 2-stars by Scout and he was a two time JUCO All-American. Our old coaches' were very excited about him. Snyder has been around a long time, so if he likes them I'm OK with them, despite their ranking. I bet some of our best LB's had only 2-stars, but I'm not going to bother looking.

I think some of the problem in recruiting LB's this year might have to do with our signing a pretty big LB class last time.   

• Content Count:  165

Watch this.

I guarantee you this video will change your mind on Hans Louis.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

i can tell you don't know too much about recruiting.

• Content Count:  12,293

wasnt

I bet some of our best LB's had only 2-stars, but I'm not going to bother looking.

well stephen nicholas was a 2-star player.  he turned out to be ok.

ben moffit was a 2-star player.  pretty decent college player

pat st. louis was 2-stars.

of course we all know that selive was a 2 star player.

nate allen was 2 stars.

you get the point.  stars are fun to talk about this time of year but they really dont mean a whole lot.  it doesnt judge a kid's work ethic, room for growth, ability to learn complex systems, etc.

• Content Count:  509

indeed I don't know much about recruiting. Just wish Recruiting sites like Rivals and Scout would do a better job ranking and evaluating ALL prospects. They are doing some of these guys that are under the radar screen a disservice. As a fan it is sometimes hard to look beyond size and stars so thank you for posting these videoclips. Still hoping to land some of the 4 star recruits though before its all over!

• Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  2

We dont need to sign anymore LB's this year other than Weatherspoon unless some guys are transferring.  If the coaches really want one of these guys then im fine with it, but it is not a necessity.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

indeed I don't know much about recruiting. Just wish Recruiting sites like Rivals and Scout would do a better job ranking and evaluating ALL prospects. They are doing some of these guys that are under the radar screen a disservice. As a fan it is sometimes hard to look beyond size and stars so thank you for posting these videoclips. Still hoping to land some of the 4 star recruits though before its all over!

How, exactly, are they doing them a disservice?/

Archived