• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Could Bulls' LB answer be Chaminade duo?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  509
  • Days Won:  0

In response to your question Triple B; if a guy is a BCS prospect he should at least be evaluated and get the props he deserves by recruiting sites. Not getting evaluated doesn't help you get recruited by big schools.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

In response to your question Triple B; if a guy is a BCS prospect he should at least be evaluated and get the props he deserves by recruiting sites. Not getting evaluated doesn't help you get recruited by big schools.

Scout and Rivals do not exist to get kids noticed by schools. 

• Content Count:  509
  • Days Won:  0

Shouldn't have used the word "disservice" in an earlier post (but no edit feature on this board, why?), and indeed the sites don't exist to get a player noticed by schools, but their role is at least to identify talent, evaluate, and rank them. Just made the argument that some players are being overlooked; nothing more!

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Shouldn't have used the word "disservice" in an earlier post (but no edit feature on this board, why?), and indeed the sites don't exist to get a player noticed by schools, but their role is at least to identify talent, evaluate, and rank them. Just made the argument that some players are being overlooked; nothing more!

Look at the Senior Bowl.  Kids from Wayne State, Idaho and whereever the hell else.  Kids will get overlooked no matter what.  You have coaches making millions, whose job it is to identify these kids and they still get stuff wrong.

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

indeed I don't know much about recruiting. Just wish Recruiting sites like Rivals and Scout would do a better job ranking and evaluating ALL prospects. They are doing some of these guys that are under the radar screen a disservice. As a fan it is sometimes hard to look beyond size and stars so thank you for posting these videoclips. Still hoping to land some of the 4 star recruits though before its all over!

The coaches at BCS schools aren't using Rivals, Scout or ESPN. That would be like trying to catch a raccoon with a rope.

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

A little more grist for the mill.

Hans Louis Has Visits Planned

January 8, 2010 by Luke Stampini

Chaminade-Madonna linebacker Hans Louis plays with that prototypical demeanor you expect from the leader of a defense. The 5-foot-11, 210-pound 2010 prospect plays with a mean streak and never quit attitude on the field and it is something he feels is an asset to his game.

“My strength is probably my aggressiveness, my relentlessness, my speed,†said Louis. “I play 100%, 100 miles per hour every play, I don’t stop. I love to hit, try to knock people out. I love to make plays, game changing plays.â€

Those characteristics along with his play on the field have Louis getting attention from a handful of colleges. Tennessee State just recently had an in-home visit, Cincinnati’s new coaching staff has been by the school to express interest in the hard-hitting linebacker, and Florida State recruiting coordinator James Coley placed a call to Louis letting him know the staff would be evaluating his film soon. Despite the inquiries, Louis has set official visits to three other schools.

“I have Marshall set up on the 15th, West Virginia is on the 22nd, and Western Kentucky on the 29th.â€

The talented linebacker spoke about each school.

Marshall: “They said they really need linebackers there, and I have a really good chance of coming there and playing early.â€

West Virginia: “I just spoke to their coach, Coach (Lonnie) Galloway. He is offering me a scholarship. He said he’s coming to my house sometime next week.â€

Western Kentucky: “Western Kentucky, they are coming to my house Friday, tomorrow at 4:00 for an in-home.â€

Louis also discussed what he is looking for in the college he ultimately chooses.

“I want a school that’s going to help me be a great player and put me in a position to play. A big school that’s going to be able to show out and going to be able to play in a bowl game. Also, I want a good education.â€

While Louis played a bit of a hybrid linebacker/defensive end position in high school, he states most of the schools are looking for him to transition to an inside linebacker position in college.

Louis is also taking part in the 1st Annual Private vs. Public All-Star Game Saturday at Monsignor Pace High School.

“It should be interesting, because there are a lot of D-I players on the private side, but the public is always going to be public, they should have some athletic guys, but I think private is going to win.â€

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Bill,

Please provide a link to copywrited material.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Thanks

Archived