• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Terrance Mitchell (TREX) Decommit from FSU?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Wow... I hope he signs with us... that would be quite a pickup. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  136
  • Days Won:  0

Boy,

Some of these people who have paid good money for Scouts or Rivals think they are the only scources. Mostly they parrot local reports. Not worth my $10. Half the time they are dated or just plain wrong.

Keep thinking that buddy. 95% of the stuff posted on here is all hearsay. Does some info have legs? Yes, but the majority is BS. And no, they do not parrot local stories. These guys talk with the players and coaches and have more info than you think but keep thinking you got it all figured out!

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Boy,

Some of these people who have paid good money for Scouts or Rivals think they are the only scources. Mostly they parrot local reports. Not worth my $10. Half the time they are dated or just plain wrong.

Hey, it's not the only source of information, but most of the time I feel I get my 10 bucks out of scout.  They've got a lot of good info on there.  I can't speak for Rivals, but Larry and Josh at scout do a good job getting first hand accounts on information.

• Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

Rex decommitted today (FSU) and gave a verbal to USF.  Rodney Johnson committed to Famu.

I copied and pasted the above thread from bigcountypreps.com.  I think the guy who said this is from Hillsborough High School

WOW!!! That would make this recruiting class a success.

Sounds legit.

http://bigcountypreps.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?topic=4402.0

admin just posted this:

Quote from: Dragons on Today at 01:05:03 PM

That would make me really happy!!

It's a done deal!  So be HAPPY!

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

The guy that posted it apparently has a connection to TRex.  Could be legit, but no one anywhere else has spoken with Mitchell at this point.

Some sort of validation could come in the next 30-45 minutes as school gets out and people talk with him (trex).

• Content Count:  578
  • Days Won:  0

Here is the admin's bio from that site. Posted on Nov. 12, 2008:

Big County Preps (BCP) is a website started by Preston Jackson in May of 2008. Jackson is a Hillsborough High graduate and played defensive back for the Terriers in the late 1990s (1996-1999).  As a senior at Hillsborough, he made 57 tackles and five interceptions in 1999 ... helped his team to the region finals of the Florida Class 5A state playoffs, earned three letters in football, and returned a punt and kickoff for touchdowns in 1999. Two time all conference, two-time all-county selection, two time all-suncoast, two time all-state.  Made 41 tackles, seven interceptions and 15 pass breakups as junior in 1998 ... a multi-purpose player who worked at cornerback and safety on defense, and at receiver, punter and holder.  The 1999 team captain ... helped Hillsborough to league titles as a sophomore and a senior.  Selected for the Florida North-South all-star game, the Hillsborough-Polk County all-star game and the Florida-California all-star game ... also played basketball, earning three letters and starting at point guard.  While at Notre Dame, Jackson was a 4 year letterman and 2 year starter for the Irish, playing in 3 bowl games which included 1 BCS game (Fiesta Bowl).  As a senior Jackson recorded 41 tackles, 14 pass break ups and 1 interception.  Jackson earned pre-season all-Independent Conference prior to his senior season ending his Irish career with 3 interceptions including a game sealer against Pittsburg in 2002.  Jackson never missed a game in 5 years, 4 playing seasons playing corner and special teams.

Currently, he is the Defensive Backs Coach at Hillsborough High School. Even though the main focus at this time is Hillsborough County, Jackson hopes to expand the site into other markets.

http://bigcountypreps.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?topic=568.0

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Tomahawk Nation is now reporting the decommit too. Says they don't really care because they have a great incoming CB class. Yeah, like they didn't really care when we whipped em in Tallahassee

Archived