• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Duemig at it again

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

He also stated that he was pissed that their requests hadn't been acknowledged. He said he would like to interview him, even after recruiting, but the athletic department wouldn't contact his show back about setting up an interview.

Im not defending him but I don't think he's being unreal by being upset that the athletic department wont contact him back.

While I will admit that the last several years I rarely have listened to The Great Prevaricator's show, I do know enough about him and his coverage of USF football.  From the beginning to 2004, I did not hear one iota of a mention of the program. (Chris Thomas carried that cross which is why I listened to that station for a while). I believe the first time I ever heard him mention the team was after the 2005 game against Penn St. He probably only was watching since it is safe to assume that in his younger days that the Lions were his favorite team.  Of course, he only had negative things to say about a team which only lost 23-13 (as I recall) to a very good team and with really no QB.  I am sure that they will get to him in due time.  I can understand why he would not rate an immediate response.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, I'd be a little concerned if I heard Coach holtz on the radio now.

I'd be a little concerned if I hear Skip on his show EVER. The Big Doofus is not legitimate sports media. Do you see any reputable sports media types with a site like this:

http://www.sportsinfo.com/ShowHandicapper.aspx?HandicapperId=77

Before the 2007 game against UCF, a friend of mine told me that he heard The Great Prevaricator say that he had a sneaky feeling that UCF would win. Well, as we all know that "sneaky feeling"  was  just like a fart that turned out to be a type 7 on the Bristol scale. I would never take his handicap advice. 

the thing is...holtz has been very open to the media (considering he just moved his whole family to a new city and its been 2 weeks till signing day)

the media has been very pro-holtz.  just maybe not duemig.  i dont think we will have any problem with holtz being hated by the media like leavitt.

The Great Prevaricator will find anything and everything to marginalize the program.THIS IS NOTHING NEW! At the same time, he licks the Gator's lower orifice. (He used to do the same for Duh U)

He also stated that he was pissed that their requests hadn't been acknowledged. He said he would like to interview him, even after recruiting, but the athletic department wouldn't contact his show back about setting up an interview.

Im not defending him but I don't think he's being unreal by being upset that the athletic department wont contact him back.

He's being unreal in that he's too clueless to understand WHY they're not rushing to call him back. He's not been a friend of the program pretty much since its' inception, at times being just the opposite, so they're just treating him the same way he's treated us.

Triple, is my haste to respond in general to this topic, I am sorry for not pointing out your most poignant assertation! :thumbnew

• Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

I'd bet Duemig is angry because JP Peterson got Holtz on the day of the press conference.  Of course, Holtz knew JP from their time working for FSU.  Duemig probably thinks Holtz will give preference to Peterson because of their past association.  Could also be because JP is more of a professional.

I think for now he's just very busy.  He took the time to talk to JP because of their friendship and that's fair.  I can understand why Holtz wouldn't want to talk to Duemig if he's been informed about him and the Athletics Dept could have a good reason to keep him away.  I'd expect athletics to monitor McMurphy's access much more closely too.  Whether Leavitt did what has been alleged or not, it's pretty clear that these two have not acted very professionally at many points in the distant and recent past.  Duemig thinks all of Tampa Bay sports figures owe him something and McMurphy did have an axe to grind and might have another one if he doesn't get the good treatment he wants.  If I were the AD, I wouldn't credential either of them.

I'd bet Duemig is angry because JP Peterson got Holtz on the day of the press conference.  Of course, Holtz knew JP from their time working for FSU.  Duemig probably thinks Holtz will give preference to Peterson because of their past association.  Could also be because JP is more of a professional.

I think for now he's just very busy.  He took the time to talk to JP because of their friendship and that's fair.  I can understand why Holtz wouldn't want to talk to Duemig if he's been informed about him and the Athletics Dept could have a good reason to keep him away.  I'd expect athletics to monitor McMurphy's access much more closely too.  Whether Leavitt did what has been alleged or not, it's pretty clear that these two have not acted very professionally at many points in the distant and recent past.  Duemig thinks all of Tampa Bay sports figures owe him something and McMurphy did have an axe to grind and might have another one if he doesn't get the good treatment he wants.  If I were the AD, I wouldn't credential either of them.

You are right. His relationship with Holtz aside, Peterson has been fair to the program. I do not listen to him much either but as far as I know, he has been both complementary and critical of the team when warranted. What more can you ask for?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

you are the one putting words in my mouth and i wasnt plagiarizing...geez.

this is a message board and i was simply commenting on a topic.  why are you so uptight and vengeful?

anyone would be silly to think that ALL media "Hated" leavitt.

I will, 100% my own thought and opinion, say that 100% of the media wished leavitt would of gave them more to work with and made their job easier. 

but to say that they hated them....you are digging for dirt as much as brett would then.  just in a different direction. 

my original statement (in a thread about duemig claiming that skip will be hated by the media like leavitt if he doesnt interview with him) that skip wont be hated by the media like leavitt was directly related to duemig's original threat.

you are something else man.

Matt, I'm done with this back and forth before DB slaps my wrist but when you write something like "I dont think we will have any problem with holtz being hated by the media like leavitt" without any disclaimer or clarifications expect it to be questioned .... especially by somebody with a man crush on Leavitt .... Good day, sir.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

To quote our resident UCF assclown, "Winner, winner, chicken dinner" ... Even though JP apparently is a bud of BM and I think pretty much believed everything he wrote, he did ask some probing questions to BM when he had him on where the Big Dummy pretty much treated the whole thing like TMZ would, including the "riveting" erskin episode ... and I can't imagine a serious professional sports media personality with a website liked I lnked above.

• Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

Maybe for the fact that DUImig came out and basically called Doug Woolard and Genshaft whimps for not standing up to Leavitt. Maybe the fact that DUImig threw Miller and his family under the bus by calling them whimps. DUImig is a big idiot that does not need to talk college sports. He does not know how to treat the student athlete and he will more likely cause problems being that he is a big gambling fool. DUImig used to make the excuse about not like USF because of Leavitt. Now that Leavitt is gone, he will turn his attention on others at USF to rip and blast when he gets the chance. That is just the way he has always been towards the USF program. We are going to have haters, and DUImig is just one of them.

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

The only reason I wouldn't mind hearing Skip on DUImig is because I would really love to see that uninformed jackass try to rattle Skip, and I would love to see Holtz give calm and clear answers to everything. Not only would it basically defeat DUImig at any chance to dig up dirt or start something, or be negative, but hopefully it will change his mind about USF football, and maybe he'll take a more positive stance towards USF....though I won't hold my breath and wait for hell to freeze over.

I'd even love it if DUImig got Skip somewhat angered in the fact that Skip goes off on him in a calm, good way, about "why do you feel the need to be negative to the local program which you support?" I would love to see Skip roll out a guilt trip on him and make him feel like ****.

Archived