• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Grothe Spreads Smiles Before Preparing for NFL Scouts - The Ledger

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  407
  • Days Won:  0

By Tom Zebold

THE LEDGER

Matt Grothe was back in his South Florida Bulls jersey handing footballs off Tuesday morning, but not in the setting that has made him famous.

USF's former star quarterback was off the field coloring pictures with crayons and taking photos with young, smiling faces during his visit to St. Joseph's Children's Hospital of Tampa.

Read more...

http://www.theledger.com/article/20100120/NEWS/1205008/1254?p=1&tc=pg

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,658
  • Days Won:  29

Great Job !

He said his knee is about 80 percent healthy at this point and he can run straight ahead at full speed. He just can't make cuts yet.

And Good Luck !

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I can get my flag football team together if Matt wants some "game" experience over the next couple of months  ;D, we would be dominant with MG taking the snaps.

Funny story, Steven Moffit (former UCF QB) was playing in our league one night, I saw him throw 3 picks, 2 of them to girls. I was standing around some UCF fans, they were getting pissed that he was every their starter.

Tell Matt good luck, we'll be pulling for him to make an impact at the next level. I have been very impressed with how he handled the injury and has pushed forward to get back to 100% to work out for the pros.

MG has taken a lot of heat around here, I have always been a huge fan, but no matter what you think about his play on the field, there is no denying that if we had 100 Matt Grothe's on the team, we would never have to question our team, win or lose, we would know that they left it all on the field.

Good Luck Matt.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Matt Grothe is the man!

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

hope he kid makes the NFL, but if not, go to the CFL. 

To play sports for dough is good enough for me, no matter where. 

• Content Count:  91

My girlfriend is a nursing student and saw him out there signing stuff for the kids.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

hope he kid makes the NFL, but if not, go to the CFL. 

To play sports for dough is good enough for me, no matter where. 

The NFL is a stretch.  Hopefully, he'll sign as a undrafted rookie somewhere and given a shot.  I think his immediate future is in the CFL.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,658
  • Days Won:  29

...  Hopefully, he'll sign as a undrafted rookie somewhere and given a shot.  I think his immediate future is in the CFL.

Exactly what I'm thinking !

He'll play for pay !

• Content Count:  1,985

I can get my flag football team together if Matt wants some "game" experience over the next couple of months  ;D, we would be dominant with MG taking the snaps.

Funny story, Steven Moffit (former UCF QB) was playing in our league one night, I saw him throw 3 picks, 2 of them to girls. I was standing around some UCF fans, they were getting pissed that he was every their starter.

Tell Matt good luck, we'll be pulling for him to make an impact at the next level. I have been very impressed with how he handled the injury and has pushed forward to get back to 100% to work out for the pros.

MG has taken a lot of heat around here, I have always been a huge fan, but no matter what you think about his play on the field, there is no denying that if we had 100 Matt Grothe's on the team, we would never have to question our team, win or lose, we would know that they left it all on the field.

Good Luck Matt.

I remember when he played at UCF.. The game down here some idiot from UCF had a sign that said, "Got Moffit" of course this is when Ben Moffit was here AND was getting all his attention.  as we are going up the escalator I turned to them and laughed.. told them yes, we do. and that Their Moffit was going to become well aware of that fact today as well. 

• Content Count:  63

I hope Grothe gets to 100% and makes it in the NFL.  He put us on the map.  The first and only jersey I have is a #8.  He wasn't a perfect QB but I always felt like we had a chance to win when he was in the game. (remember Auburn)

Archived