• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Grothe Spreads Smiles Before Preparing for NFL Scouts - The Ledger

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  37,667
  • Days Won:  29

...  The first and only jersey I have is a #8.  ...

Getting mine autographed and framed  ;D

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I can get my flag football team together if Matt wants some "game" experience over the next couple of months  ;D, we would be dominant with MG taking the snaps.

Funny story, Steven Moffit (former UCF QB) was playing in our league one night, I saw him throw 3 picks, 2 of them to girls. I was standing around some UCF fans, they were getting pissed that he was every their starter.

Tell Matt good luck, we'll be pulling for him to make an impact at the next level. I have been very impressed with how he handled the injury and has pushed forward to get back to 100% to work out for the pros.

MG has taken a lot of heat around here, I have always been a huge fan, but no matter what you think about his play on the field, there is no denying that if we had 100 Matt Grothe's on the team, we would never have to question our team, win or lose, we would know that they left it all on the field.

Good Luck Matt.

I remember when he played at UCF.. The game down here some idiot from UCF had a sign that said, "Got Moffit" of course this is when Ben Moffit was here AND was getting all his attention.   

Hopefully it was the attention that was making him known in football ranks, and not the attention that made him infamous.

• Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

What a good young man to have immortalized in USF's record books. Great job!!

• Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

I can get my flag football team together if Matt wants some "game" experience over the next couple of months  ;D, we would be dominant with MG taking the snaps.

Funny story, Steven Moffit (former UCF QB) was playing in our league one night, I saw him throw 3 picks, 2 of them to girls. I was standing around some UCF fans, they were getting pissed that he was every their starter.

Tell Matt good luck, we'll be pulling for him to make an impact at the next level. I have been very impressed with how he handled the injury and has pushed forward to get back to 100% to work out for the pros.

MG has taken a lot of heat around here, I have always been a huge fan, but no matter what you think about his play on the field, there is no denying that if we had 100 Matt Grothe's on the team, we would never have to question our team, win or lose, we would know that they left it all on the field.

Good Luck Matt.

I remember when he played at UCF.. The game down here some idiot from UCF had a sign that said, "Got Moffit" of course this is when Ben Moffit was here AND was getting all his attention.   

Hopefully it was the attention that was making him known in football ranks, and not the attention that made him infamous.

Yes, if I remember right we played UCF like the week or maybe two after his SI article about how he was a dad who drove 60 miles uphill each way to play killer football for the nationally ranked USF Bulls all while studying, and working, and married to his baby mama...

• Content Count:  407

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone.

I'll be sure to make sure he reads this thread.

GO BULLS!

• Content Count:  12,293

matt will be a great CFL QB. 

unfortantely...the NFL is too bent up on size and arm strength at the QB position.

matt is a gamer though.  when the lights turn on and the ref blows the whistle...he makes plays.

there isnt a test at the combine that meausres that.

• Content Count:  25

Matt is the man, if he doesn't stick to an NFL team he should go to the UFL and play for Florida. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,667
  • Days Won:  29

matt is a gamer though.  when the lights turn on and the ref blows the whistle...he makes plays.

there isnt a test at the combine that meausres that.

Spot on !

Archived