• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What heads will Roll?

Guest wildrover

Guest wildrover

It was a thought I head today looking up in the boxes with the bionculors (sp?) I was looking at the ESPN crew and guess who was in the box right next to them, the president of our beloved university.  She has made the statement that she wants USF to become one of the top 50 research instituions in the country, if its one thing I can say about her, its that she is not content to let USF sit as a Mid-major commuter school regarded as less than the other three big named schools in the state.  

With that being said I had to feel she was probably a little embarassed today, the school she is president of got it handed to them, today, on national tv, in front of a very very poorly attened game.  I looked at the beginning of the 4th and guess who left early?  

Now with all that, we just got done with our worst record ever, I'm not saying that CJL needs to go, not at all.  But I am saying that if it was a normal business changes would be made.  I have to think the OC and QB coach will need to update their resume and something needs to be done about the D obvisouly.  I have to think something has to change, somebody has got to go.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719
  • Days Won:  0

Not that I know all the facts, but she could have just gone to the alumni suite or somewhere else, and not necessarily left.  

With that being said, I agree and would hope that an announcement will be made sooner rather than later about the OC.  

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

It was a thought I head today looking up in the boxes with the bionculors (sp?) I was looking at the ESPN crew and guess who was in the box right next to them, the president of our beloved university.  She has made the statement that she wants USF to become one of the top 50 research instituions in the country, if its one thing I can say about her, its that she is not content to let USF sit as a Mid-major commuter school regarded as less than the other three big named schools in the state.  

With that being said I had to feel she was probably a little embarassed today, the school she is president of got it handed to them, today, on national tv, in front of a very very poorly attened game.  I looked at the beginning of the 4th and guess who left early?  

Now with all that, we just got done with our worst record ever, I'm not saying that CJL needs to go, not at all.  But I am saying that if it was a normal business changes would be made.  I have to think the OC and QB coach will need to update their resume and something needs to be done about the D obvisouly.  I have to think something has to change, somebody has got to go.

may the fastest axe win!

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

I love Judy! I'm so wasted right now, I would throw it out to her just for her passion about our beloved Bulls! Go Bulls! Go Judy!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

Well ... it's obvious that OC needs to go ... his nitch is the passing game and we couldn't do it. They had time to develope Banks and went with Julmiste ... it didn't get done and we need a new OC.

I am sure Leavitt has lost a lot of sleep this season and will all the offseason. CJL needs to make the axe fall on Hobie. And hopefully Franks will get the job and Hall likes him.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

I say, give the OC one more year to turn it around. He did not have much to work with at the QB spot. I dont have how you look at it, he called alot of good plays that were just not executed. If anyone needs to be let go it would be the QB coach. The ex Gator QB John Reaves has been willing to listen if there is a job open to coach the QBs. John Reaves did a good job while he was coaching under Steve Spurrier. Reaves lives in the area and would  not mind helping the QBs out.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

I liked what I heard from Leavitt on the post game show. He was very matter of fact, very determined, and very straight forward in saying that changes will be made to make the Bulls a better team next year. He was also very confident in the players that have been already recruited to fill the obvious holes that we have.

All that being said, the offensive coordinator shouldve been fired about 8 weeks ago, so let's hope he's the 1st one gone. My inside sources confirm this, because the players themselves believe that the offensive coordinator is...well...terrible.

I think we should take it a step further and fire the QBs coach as well. Since Blackwell's freshman year, name me ONE QB who has either been a threat to give Blackwell some competition or had anyone really excited to take over for him when his career was over.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

Ronnie Banks was doing ok during mop up duty during the Blackwell era. We all thought that Banks was the QB. Honestly, Banks was doing well right up to that TCU game. After that TCU game, he was a deer in the headlights. The QB coach should have done a better job on Banks right there, but it just did not work out. You can only teach a kid so much IMO. If they dont have what it takes then it is hard to get much out of them.

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

hell if the QB coach cant teach PJ how to use touch on his passes by now i think the QB coach really needs help/to get the boot!  If PJ would not throw lasers on the 10yds and under routes and have some touch on the longer throws he would be an above average QB

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

Can you say Buh Bye?    OC, no AC QB D backs Ah Hell the whole lot!!!