• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New commit 6'8" OT Jake Kaufman

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  622
  • Days Won:  0

Im wondering if we can turn one of these big monsters who are athletic enough to a defensive tackle to stop the run up the middle.

We tried that with Genus Sampson. Didn't work. We need to chase Chandler down and get him to re-commit.

Chandler de-commited?

Idk.. He is far from solid though and most likely ends up in Louisville with his teammates.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nobullhere

As far as is I have seen on Rivals Chandler is visiting Syracuse this weekend, and is visiting FSU soon, but still shows as a commitment.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Rivals is now reporting the verbal from jake Kaufman.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/usf/football/recruiting/player-Jake-Kaufman-86585

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

As far as is I have seen on Rivals Chandler is visiting Syracuse this weekend, and is visiting FSU soon, but still shows as a commitment.

On scout it says that Louisville is leading, but he hasn't committed.

January 17, 2010

Big commit: Jersey tackle (6-9, 330) picks USF

Three days on the job, and Skip Holtz has his first oral commitment as head coach at USF. Jake Kaufman, a 6-foot-9, 330-pound offensive tackle from Brick Township, N.J., picked the Bulls on Sunday during an official campus visit.

"After the meeting with Coach Holtz, I knew this was the right place for me," said Kaufman, who has a slew of strong offers -- Florida, Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, Wisconsin and Miami. "I went to Florida, Georgia, Rutgers, Miami, but when I came here, it was a different feeling, a family environment."

Kaufman, who makes a two-hour commute each day to St. Peter's Prep in Jersey City, is athletic enough he talked about playing basketball at Jersey powerhouse St. Anthony's -- his grandfather is close friends with legendary coach Bob Hurley. "I can still do a 180 dunk," said Kaufman, who once thought his future was in basketball when he was a 6-8, 270-pound high school freshman.

Kaufman had thought he was headed to the Big Ten, but after he played in the state championship game at Giants Stadium, with a wind chill of minus-17 and steady snow, he decided he'd had enough of the cold.

"I said to myself, 'I don't want to go to a Big Ten school anymore," he said. "I want to go somewhere warm in Florida."

He took a visit to the Gators, but said USF's offense is likely a better fit -- he considers himself a strong run-blocker, and his basketball background gives him quick feet. His host on the official visit was Damien Edwards, another out-of-state Bull (from Arizona) whose brother Gavin is a basketball player at UConn.

Kaufman said he felt ready to commit to USF when Jim Leavitt was coach, but said his meeting with Holtz reinforced the idea that the Bulls were the right place for him.

"When Leavitt got fired, I was disappointed. He's a great guy," he said. "But Coach Holtz is a great guy, too, and I believe everything he says. He's the type of guy I want to play for. I just can't wait for football season to get here."

Posted by Times Editor at 03:22:32 PM on January 17, 2010 in Football | Permalink | Comments (0)

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2010/01/big-commit-jersey-tackle-69-330-picks-usf.html

Scout site is also reporting his verbal.

http://southflorida.scout.com/a.z?s=359&p=8&c=1&nid=3333567

Guest nobullhere

If Kaufman is our only new commitment this weekend after having reportedly 10 recruits visiting, was it a good weekend or a bad weekend?

• Content Count:  1,867

There should be some other good news to come... but we must wait  ;)

Nation

If Kaufman is our only new commitment this weekend after having reportedly 10 recruits visiting, was it a good weekend or a bad weekend?

Last I heard there were actually on 9 recruits visiting. 6 of those were already verbals to USF. So, if we picked up Kaufman and reconfirmed the other six verbals it would be a very good weekend, considering the head coaching changeover and the current state of flux about the assistant coaches'. At this point we don't know if all 6 previous verbals are solid, but we haven't heard of any of them decommiting. Of the remaining two players Terrence Brooks has been an FSU verbal  and Ace Sanders is apparently still taking visits. Brooks is going to be hard to pry away from FSU and Sanders has been a USC lean. If we keep seven of the nine in the end (including Carnes), then it will have been deemed a successful weekend for sure.

• Content Count:  2,558

wow 330lbs  I like it

Archived