• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Remember Greenbergopolis? Death Row?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

Gotta stick up for the students a little here .... The ones in the student section were good ALL game last night. And there were a good amount scattered in the upper levels, but as has been mentioned, it's hard to get into the cheers and stuff separated like that. The announced crwod was around 4700, which was great considering the scarcity of Rutgers fans there. Not having the students behind that basket was a horrible decision. I fully understand the thinking behind the "Courtside Cabana" and its' revenue making possibilities but SOMETHING need to be worked out to get the students back down there. the only ones sitting there last night were USF personnel and one Rutger fan.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

Gotta stick up for the students a little here .... The ones in the student section were good ALL game last night. And there were a good amount scattered in the upper levels, but as has been mentioned, it's hard to get into the cheers and stuff separated like that. The announced crwod was around 4700, which was great considering the scarcity of Rutgers fans there. Not having the students behind that basket was a horrible decision. I fully understand the thinking behind the "Courtside Cabana" and its' revenue making possibilities but SOMETHING need to be worked out to get the students back down there. the only ones sitting there last night were USF personnel and one Rutger fan.

THANK YOU!!!

And thats the point of this thread!!!

GO BULLS!!!

constructive criticism is good

- i like the idea of removing the courtside cabana.

- as a student, i got a level 2 ticket yesterday. howabout making it a priority to get the STUDENTS in their designated sections, including by the band. (at the WVU game i clearly saved a seat for a friend who showed up late, and the attendant by the level 1 entrance blatantly denied my friend to come claim his saved seat. she gave no reason. we both went up and sat in level 2)

- howabout improving the intro, when the players come out? dim the lights, play some music, do something cool.

- lower the price of beer! a good buzz encourages people to yell!!!!!!

- perception is important. encourage media to get involved. if your average tampa bay resident sees USF Basketball in the sports section and online, they will regard it more and more as a legitimate basketball program to support.

- FOCUS on the students during the game, especially the underclassmen living on campus. interview them, have them participate in halftime activities, get the beef studs on the court... that freshman or sophomore will remember that neat experience and want to revisit it

• Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I never did get death row. The gayest thing I see is when the kids bounce up and down.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

- i like the idea of removing the courtside cabana.

The idea of the cabana is great. It's an added revenue stream that hoops definitely needs. It's just something needs to be worked out where the students can get back behind that basket ...

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

I had to sit in the Second Level Student section, which is way at the top. The tiny little section behind the media bench they call the "student section" was technically "full" but there were plenty of seats down there. Not to to mention the coupious amounts of seats behind the team benches next to the student section that they ushers wont let you sit in. Good job USF, that looks really good on TV, while you have students sitting in the upper level who would love to be down there cheering along with the rest of the student section. What I am saying is make the student section bigger! There are more students in the Dome than what you see in the "student section."

Archived