• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Remember Greenbergopolis? Death Row?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Its not their faults they do not know games are going on. 

It is absolutely their fault.  Several people on here know when the games are and they don't have the university putting up game posters in their homes.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

There are actually a decent number of students at games, they're just forced to sit up in the second level (A-2, P-2, and C-2). And I've said it before on here, that by sitting in the second level, away from the main cheering section, they're less likely to stand and cheer or do anything other than clap occasionally.

Move us to P-1, O-2,P-2, and A-2, or just go ahead and give us E1 (put the visitors in the 2nd level), D1, C1, and H1.

• Content Count:  1,633

Its not their faults they do not know games are going on. 

It is absolutely their fault.  Several people on here know when the games are and they don't have the university putting up game posters in their homes.

Agreed, The university provides the Oracle for free and it always includes coverage of the team, including upcoming games, gameday day coverage, etc.

This isn't much different form the football team a few years ago. There used to be 1/2 the students at the games before we started winning big games. Tampa has always been a bandwagon town. If the BB team starts to win a few, people will show up.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Yesterday was the perfect example of how we are a football school with fair-weather students.

The first half was great. High energy and pretty loud. Everyone came out to see Skip Holtz and once he left after halftime, the energy died. The front row of the student section was at the Dome since 3:30 for both games, and we had to muster every ounce of energy to keep cheering at the end of the men's game. All the while the rest of the student section sat there apathetically.  Really, all we can do at this point is to lead by example and hope more people join in.

• Content Count:  1,390

Really, all we can do at this point is to lead by example and hope more people join in.

Exactly. I was in the second row, and got there with about 15 minutes to go in the women's game. I had to do things earlier in the day, but I was able to get one of my suite-mates to bring 4 others  from my floor, who had never even been to a USF bball game. While I doubt they'll be at a ton of them, they seemed like they enjoyed it and hopefully will make it out to a few more.

I was yelling stuff while one of the players was at the free throw line. My roommate went to the same high school as one of their players, so I was yelling stuff that he had told me about their hometown. Some guy was like "wow, you're hilarious...." (sarcastically). I'm not trying to be hilarious..... I'm just trying to mess with the players and get them distracted!

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

Right, its the students fault.  Its their fault the university puts no empasis on the basketball program.  Its their fault USF let McCullum put a dark cloud over our program.  its their fault we are terrible and almost unwatchable each year.  Next time a student is involved in putting money into the program or recruiting a Big East caliber player, let me know.  If we were competing or winning they would be there. 

as a student i went to almost every home game (greenberg era) no matter the circumstance.  I would probably miss games if Jersey Shore was on these last few years. 

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

its also the students fault that USF joins a basketball conference to play football, but cant win in either.

students are terrible at recruiting and x's and o's.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

By the way, when athletics says "Rock the Dome" to they mean literally, because I think I heard a couple of screws fall from the student section during the game last night along with seeing the press row hang on to all of their belongings like an earthquake.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Right, its the students fault.  Its their fault the university puts no empasis on the basketball program.  Its their fault USF let McCullum put a dark cloud over our program.  its their fault we are terrible and almost unwatchable each year.  Next time a student is involved in putting money into the program or recruiting a Big East caliber player, let me know.  If we were competing or winning they would be there. 

as a student i went to almost every home game (greenberg era) no matter the circumstance.  I would probably miss games if Jersey Shore was on these last few years. 

No, I said it's the student's fault if they don't know when the games are.  If that's their only excuse for not going, then shame on them.  If the other reasons you mention are the reason, that's another story.

• Content Count:  6,814
  • Days Won:  22

its also the students fault that USF joins a basketball conference to play football, but cant win in either.

students are terrible at recruiting and x's and o's.

Thats a big cop out. How come other schools that will remain anonymous are outdrawing us playing crappier teams and with worse records.

This team is 11-6 right now and could easily be 12-5, its time for our students to start supporting it.

Archived