• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Remember Greenbergopolis? Death Row?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

None of it exists anymore.  NONE OF IT.  Football has taken over and left Basketball for dead.

Don't get me wrong...I love Football.  But...

Ugh...I remember the times when Basketball meant something to this University.  When we had students camping outside the Dome for tickets.  When the University would lay out T-shirts in the designated student SECTIONS and have them all wear them in unison during a single game to show UNITY.   

Now-a-days the athletics department would rather put a pi$$-poor money making scheme in place to mask their lack of student involvement.  BTW, i'm talking about the "courtside cabana". 

I just don't understand how Basketball has sunk SO much that they have to cut student tickets from BEHIND the basket in order to please people that wont even stand and cheer let alone wave a newspaper in the air for FT shooters, or even wear USF gear.  Did any of you see the WVU fans sitting FRONT ROW right next to the band at the WVU game.  I vomited in my mouth a dozen times...

This courtside cabana nonsense has gone on long enough.  They need to figure out a better way to raise money...cause in my opinion, cutting student seats from behind the HOOP, and turning your head the other way when there is NOBODY in the section(or opposing teams fans) is just ridiculous.

I will write to Doug Woolard about it.  But I ask that some of you do also.  I know that the firing and hiring of Football coaches is top on his list right now...but this "courtside debacle" is driving me crazy.

Please do something about this to salvage a serious piece of real-estate for students at USF and in universities ACROSS the nation.

Keep the "cabana", move it, or zone it differently, but allow the students to sit behind the basket...please.

I don't know what else to say about this...im in a desperate state.

GO BULLS!!!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well... if students would actually GO to games, then USF would not have to do things like this.

Otherwise, why shouldn't they?

When I came to USF... THREE WHOLE SIDES of Level 1 were for students... only the side opposite the team benches were for season ticket holders.

But you're right, after football stated the students stopped going to basketball games.  As a result, USF was put in a tough spot... season ticket holders were having to sit in Level 2 while student sections weren't full... add a "visitors" section behind their bench (which USF never had pre-football)... and it gets worse.

If you think students should get those seats back, then start getting 5000-6000 students at games.

Otherwise, it's a rather moot point.

• Content Count:  8,709
  • Days Won:  23

Well... if students would actually GO to games, then USF would not have to do things like this.

Otherwise, why shouldn't they?

When I came to USF... THREE WHOLE SIDES of Level 1 were for students... only the side opposite the team benches were for season ticket holders.

But you're right, after football stated the students stopped going to basketball games.  As a result, USF was put in a tough spot... season ticket holders were having to sit in Level 2 while student sections weren't full... add a "visitors" section behind their bench (which USF never had pre-football)... and it gets worse.

If you think students should get those seats back, then start getting 5000-6000 students at games.

Otherwise, it's a rather moot point.

+1

the students get some of the best seats in the house on the sidelines. give those up to the donors then you can have both baselines back.

• Content Count:  6,794
  • Days Won:  22

agreed. when you talk about those times there was plenty of student support. Now you look and they hardly fill the section they are givem. There is NO reason that USF should have less than 3-4k students for most games.

and dont tell me its about winning because we had better student suport in those sun belt/metro years and we were not big winners then either and certaintly the opponents were not close to being comparable.

• Content Count:  42

I was in death row and the school actually got rid of us because they started to sell those tickets.  The students do not show and in my opinion they should be in the second level and the school should sell those tickets.  Until the students show up in mass they should not complain.  It is amazing how a school with over 40,000 students can not show up for games.  Even five percent of the students would be great.  I even slept out for a ticket a few times.  Can you imagine that happening now?????  This team is the most talented team I have seen in 18 years, but the big east is a beast. 

• Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  1

"This team is the most talented team I have seen in 18 years, but the big east is a beast. "

You really think this team would beat the team of Kohn, Smith, Asbury, Reeves, Waldon, Jackson, and Scott Johnson?

• Content Count:  4,738

whining about some seats for STHs doesnt matter when students dont show up

• Content Count:  6,742
  • Days Won:  17

Basketball was lame then, and it's lame now.

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

Funny how people blame the students.  Its not their faults they do not know games are going on, there is no marketing or excitement made for them to want to or know to attend. 

• Content Count:  8,709
  • Days Won:  23

Funny how people blame the students.  Its not their faults they do not know games are going on, there is no marketing or excitement made for them to want to or know to attend. 

they are college students. they aren't smart enough to pick up a pocket schedule? search for the schedule on their smart phones? sure they can facebook all their friends and tweet until their hearts desire but they can't possibly find out when the next home basketball game is played.

It's BE college basketball. #1 conference in the country. college basketball doesn't get much better. should the school provide juggling clowns at halftime for excitement? maybe fire eaters? a fat bearded lady?

Archived