• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Just watched Holtz speak during the BB game

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

I must say, I am starting to be favorably impressed. He is articulate, intelligent, amiable, professional, and he's clearly done his homework on our school. I can definitely agree that the media is going to have a good representative of the USF program in Skip Holtz. I will always miss Jim Leavitt, but I'm starting to feel very good about the Holtz hire.

Plus, the BB team is doing well! BEAT RUTGERS!!!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

it doesnt take much to top leavitt in public speaking or media relations.  i am glad skip is here.  i think he is just what usf needed.

we will always remember leavitt as the guy who got the program off the ground but 2010...the year of the skip.

i think our program will grow a lot in the next few years.

• Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

Agreed; I am continued to be impressed every time I hear him speak! Excited to see what the 11 recruits on campus this weekend have to say tomorrow night/Monday

• Content Count:  239

I live in NY and I am the only bulls alum/fan i know. Everyone at work talks about USF and how crazy Leavitt is. I'm just going to say that I am thrilled that Holtz is the representative of our university.

I really hope he does extremely well and gets the spotlight to spread that good stuff.

go bulls!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

I am very hopeful that a different approach will make better use of our talent. Again, as much as I love Leavitt, I do think that a fresh approach from a proven guy could really make a difference, especially on offense.

• Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

I live in NY and I am the only bulls alum/fan i know. Everyone at work talks about USF and how crazy Leavitt is. I'm just going to say that I am thrilled that Holtz is the representative of our university.

I really hope he does extremely well and gets the spotlight to spread that good stuff.

go bulls!

At least you aren't surrounded by UM/FIU fans at work.  :puke :throwup2

• Content Count:  8,174

no chance CJL woulda gone in the student section for that long

• Content Count:  4,778

Something I have been noticing about Holtz; and it is becoming more apparent each time the show him is that his wife and kids are with him a lot. It shows he is very family oriented and that can help recruits and current players by making them feel like a family more than some others do. It will make parents like him more and help earn players trust.

• Content Count:  879

It was nice to see his wife and kids all in green at the basketball game.

Archived