• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Future Schedules

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  821
  • Days Won:  2

playing UCF would be a money make though no doubt....sold out crowd and probable ESPN broadcast.

That was his philosophy when at E. Carolina where they needed to play BCS teams to get respect.

We already play 7-8 BCS teams, and then the lower echelon Div 1 schools for home only money.  (Miami, Fl, FSU thrown in for the need to move into the Big 4)

Playing UCF does nothing for us.  We would  have to go there also and share the money instead of home only.

A win over UCF doesn't help us any more than a win over the lower level Div. 1 schools.  But a loss would be devastating.

I personally like the game (and supposed rivalry) but you have to look at the bigger picture.

• Content Count:  14,411
  • Days Won:  13

playing UCF would be a money make though no doubt....sold out crowd and probable ESPN broadcast.

So would us playing Penn State or Nebraska.

• Content Count:  6,833
  • Days Won:  22

That was his philosophy when at E. Carolina where they needed to play BCS teams to get respect.

We already play 7-8 BCS teams, and then the lower echelon Div 1 schools for home only money.  (Miami, Fl, FSU thrown in for the need to move into the Big 4)

Playing UCF does nothing for us.  We would  have to go there also and share the money instead of home only.

A win over UCF doesn't help us any more than a win over the lower level Div. 1 schools.  But a loss would be devastating.

I personally like the game (and supposed rivalry) but you have to look at the bigger picture.

BINGO

Guest nybullsfan

Skip said scheduling is Doug's job, not his. He said he'll play whoever is on his schedule. He then went on to say he'd rather play UF, UM, FSU than USF UCF, FAU, FIU (my paraphrasing)

Fixed.

Thanks! I fixed mine too. Musta been some sorta weird Freudian slip, if it happens again, just put me out of my misery. Yikes!

• Content Count:  1,386
  • Days Won:  0

For the I-AA tune-ups we need to schedule Georgia Southern (at least three times), Drake (at least twice), James Madison, So Illinois and The Citadel.

For any mid-major teams, we need to schedule So Miss (at least three times), MTSU (at least twice), San Diego St (at least twice), Utah (at least twice), UAB, Army, TCU and Troy St.

Fo BCS teams, we need to schedule Penn St (at least twice), Baylor (at least twice), Oklahoma (at least twice), Oregon (at least twice), Alabama (at least twice), Arkansas (at least twice), Kentucky (at least twice), So Carolina (at least twice), and NC State.

Once you get those out of the way, then go for whom ever you like.

We only leave the state for three games this year.  All three of those are conference.

wrong, we played that one team in kentucky last year. the one whos mascot is a dodgeball creature

• Content Count:  24
  • Days Won:  0

playing penn state or nebraska doesnt mean TV either.

ESPN picked up on games w/ UCF becuz of the hype leading up to game and knowing it will sell out and be high energy.

Not that Penn state or Neb. wouldnt either but from a fans perspective playing UCF seems fun.

I want to play them. Its fun.

and to the guy who said losing to UCF would be devestating I say that might be wrong. UCFs recruiting has only gotten better ( the very truth) and consistantly recruit along with us at USF and some other prominant BCS teams.

• Content Count:  1,517
  • Days Won:  1

For the I-AA tune-ups we need to schedule Georgia Southern (at least three times), Drake (at least twice), James Madison, So Illinois and The Citadel.

For any mid-major teams, we need to schedule So Miss (at least three times), MTSU (at least twice), San Diego St (at least twice), Utah (at least twice), UAB, Army, TCU and Troy St.

Fo BCS teams, we need to schedule Penn St (at least twice), Baylor (at least twice), Oklahoma (at least twice), Oregon (at least twice), Alabama (at least twice), Arkansas (at least twice), Kentucky (at least twice), So Carolina (at least twice), and NC State.

Once you get those out of the way, then go for whom ever you like.

So if we use this as a guide that should take us into about 2030...and hopefully we will have more than 1 handful of BE champs and maybe 1 or 2 NC

we beat FSU, have FLORIDA and MIAMI on our schedule next year, and some people still want to play UCF. i am really missing something

Archived