• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Leason from Leavitt

SRQ

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  274
  • Days Won:  0

Leavitt should have heeded the advice from the coach from Citadel who told him Miller was a trouble maker and had been kicked out of Citadel. Read Greg's article and find out!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  14,411
  • Days Won:  13

Leavitt should have heeded the advice from the coach from Citadel who told him Miller was a trouble maker and had been kicked out of Citadel. Read Greg's article and find out!!!!!!!!!!

But Leavitt know Miller from all those football camps. Hmmm.

And Mizzou, Leavitt was coming foward saying he had no interest in those jobs and was staying in Tampa, but you are saying he was meeting with them? So he was lying?

• Content Count:  1,985

Not to mention CJL mentioned it in his plea for his job that he had turned down more money at other schools to stay on with USF as it was his dream job.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  2,527

Slick, you seem to be arguing just to argue.  The exact amount of a verbal offer (which was turned down) is obviously not documented anywhere.  However, the same media you are trusting to determine Leavitt's "guilt" did write about it at the time(s) of his other offers.

Slick, you seem to be arguing just to argue.  The exact amount of a verbal offer (which was turned down) is obviously not documented anywhere.  However, the same media you are trusting to determine Leavitt's "guilt" did write about it at the time(s) of his other offers.

I just don't remember him getting a serious offer that is all. And I am relying on a university investigation, not anyone at all in the media.

Not to mention CJL mentioned it in his plea for his job that he had turned down more money at other schools to stay on with USF as it was his dream job.

All I am saying is that I did not know he turned down more money, I always heard his name mentioned and he would turn around and deny it. I missed that he had a meeting he characterized as "casual" with someone from Alabama.

• Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

Leavitt still has that Alabama contract with him. He showed his players and he has shown many. David Zimroth was talking on the radio the other day that he actually got to hold the Alabama contract for Leavitt. But some of you guys that hate Leavitt just like to keep putting the man down. Nevermind the fact that he made USF what it is today. Gosh, I hate some of these johnny come lately fans we have at USF.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  2,527

Leavitt still has that Alabama contract with him. He showed his players and he has shown many. David Zimroth was talking on the radio the other day that he actually got to hold the Alabama contract for Leavitt. But some of you guys that hate Leavitt just like to keep putting the man down. Nevermind the fact that he made USF what it is today. Gosh, I hate some of these johnny come lately fans we have at USF.

Yeah, some don't understand, we likely wouldn't have that athletic bldg without Leavitt's efforts.  We certainly didn't have it before..  And, we wouldn't be in the big east without that and that 9-2 02 season prior to the conferences realigning.  It's possible we may even still be 1-AA.

But thanks for building our program Leavitt, now screw you!  We need to remember that if Holtz bolts on us.

Guest nybullsfan

Leavitt still has that Alabama contract with him.

Now that you mention it, I remember seeing a video interview where he said he kept it in his desk drawer and would pull it out every once in a while for a laugh, and to keep him humble.

Whatever else you might say about him you can NEVER doubt that he loved this school and this program. Goodbye Jim, you will be missed.

I sincerely hope this will be my last post on this topic...

Archived