• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

fans are a joke

Guest brian

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480
  • Days Won:  0

USF Student you just explained why students don't give a **** then ask us to lay off of them for this? Gotta be kidding! Tell you what, once you graduate and hang that deploma up on your wall (assuming you don't forge an FSU deploma) ask yourself if that FSU school your so **** fond of helped you in any way. Geesh, no problem being a fan of other schools but USF is YOUR school and if you can't place YOUR school first then I just don't get it.

Man I just love your first post....

We had good turnout until recently  (yeah, FAIR weather)

Don't bash us just because we have more passion for UF, FSU & Miami over USF (can barely contain my response to this one)

The campus doesn't provide an atmosphere to watch a losing team (that's up to you and the other students not the **** school...oh yeah you students are too passionate about the other florida schools)

can't change how you were brought up? Bull spit! I was brought up a wolverine...every **** person in my family for generations on both sides went to michigan, I even went to football camp under shembeckler 2 summers and you know what? It isn't my school no matter what my **** upbringing was. I'll always love the wolverines and no matter how long I've been a fan or how I've been brought up it wont change the fact that they are not my school.

Man your post just proves that all the bashing that upsets you so much is completely justified.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

Hmmm that comment about Memphis and USM has me wondering.........you dont think the BE schedule is more appealing than our current CUSA one. I hope thats not a fly on this board LOL

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  827

I attended all but the Memphis and Pitt games this season for football.  I attended almost half of the home basketball games last season and all but one football game last season.  I am not putting this school down, but all I was trying to say is that for many students, USF comes second because we are not winning and we play in a weak conference be it either C-USA or the Big East.  If USF were in the ACC or SEC, then things would be different.  If some of the football players were not punks around campus, then things would change.  I like many see no more excitment in playing the likes of Rutgers or UConn then playing Memphis or Southern Miss, actually the Memphis or Southern Miss games seem to have a better connection than those northern schools.  I understand that we are building a tradition, but I did not decide to attend USF based on its athletics like many other students, but I decided to attend USF to obtain a good education.  I support the Bulls, but I cannot help it, I still will be a FSU fan.  It is in my blood, I am sorry that I can't please you guys, but that is my take on it.  

Student, are you fricking kidding me about the teams we play is the reason you can't get excited about the games.

Who in the heck until the last 2 years have FSU been playing in the ACC? When FSU went into the ACC they won every single game! Nice competition! That didn't stop you from going to their games. Don't give me that bull!

Just admit you are a little front running FSU wantabe!

Guest wildrover

Student,

its awesome that you go to all the games, if you really go to that many than your probably more bull than honestly what your coming across.  And lets be honest, its silly for any student to pick their school based on their athletics, even though a lot of them do it.  Lord knows I didn't come here because of USF's football team.  I also understand your allegance to the school you grew up rooting for, our first football season was in 97, that would make the freshman this year, what 10 when football started here at the D1-AA level, give a couple of years for people to realize there is a football team here and its more than enough time to plant seeds of allegance elsewhere.  I guess what I don't understand is, if this is the school that best represents you and what you need in your education, than why is it not the best school for you to root for?  Unlike the pros I can say that I am as much apart of what the players represent as they are, which is USF, I can't say that about the Bucs, I'm not a buc but I am a Bull, just like you.  Root for the noles if you wish, but do it from the stands of the Bulls game, keep coming and be patient, it takes time, if the lack of excitement is whats bugging you than have a few extra beers in the parking lot before the game before you go in, thats what I do, believe me it will make any game exciting  ;)

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

I attended all but the Memphis and Pitt games this season for football.  I attended almost half of the home basketball games last season and all but one football game last season.  I am not putting this school down, but all I was trying to say is that for many students, USF comes second because we are not winning and we play in a weak conference be it either C-USA or the Big East.  If USF were in the ACC or SEC, then things would be different.  If some of the football players were not punks around campus, then things would change.  I like many see no more excitment in playing the likes of Rutgers or UConn then playing Memphis or Southern Miss, actually the Memphis or Southern Miss games seem to have a better connection than those northern schools.  I understand that we are building a tradition, but I did not decide to attend USF based on its athletics like many other students, but I decided to attend USF to obtain a good education.  I support the Bulls, but I cannot help it, I still will be a FSU fan.  It is in my blood, I am sorry that I can't please you guys, but that is my take on it.  

The question I just can't help but ask is why is it you think we should be understanding to this attitude? What would you think if you went to your precious fsu school and ran into students talking about how they just can't get into the noles since they were brought up gator fans? Oh well, thanks for supporting my belief that USF students don't give a ****.

Guest Panther Spice

This appeal for other schools is not uncommon.  I know many Penn State fans that attend Pitt, I know many Kentucky fans that attended Louisville, and from what some are saying, there are many Noles fans at USF.  They have these bandwagon types at all schools especially when their school is not winning.  Also to bring up another point, I actually know a USF grad that expresses the same opinions as the student.  He loves the Gators and attends all of their home games.  When I bring up USF, the mood changes and he wants to focus more on the academic side of things.  Another thing that I am starting to hate is the idea of having a Big East football appeal.  I have heard Cincy fans state this also that playing Rutgers is no different than playing Memphis, and that leads me to say, why in the h e double hockey sticks do you want to join the Big East.  We are and will always be a 'northern' league and a 'basketball' league.  Schools and fans knew this before, why bash us now?  I hear Big East fans say that we are a weak football league, and that is hurting our appeal.  

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Weak only from a BCS perspective and things have a way of changing.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687

To USF student, please attend FSU an not USF.  We don't need you anyways with your half a$$ spirit.  To you and all others who feel this way I would like to tell you that you suck.  

I am mattegunz, and I approve of this message.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

Just look around campus at how many "different" college t shirts and hats are floating around. The kids on campus are here for 2 things...academics and the party! How many do you see walking around and not paying any attention to the game at all. USF student, I have one question for you...why did you even come to the games if you really don't support the Bulls? I know the answer, but I'll let you answer it. Be truthfull!

Again, this is the apathy we have on campus. The SG and marketing dept. feel that the students are not worth it, so why bother! BS!!! We are worth it, and it's time to have them collectively get off their butts and get things going. I asked our SG president when he was running about how he was going to get students to games, (football and BB). He gave me this big rhetoric on all he was going to do...so far, he has lied and not done what he said he was going to do! Typical BS!  Just another kiss assed fence sitter!

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

I am sorry to point this out, but I doubt USFSTUDENT is an actually USF student. The schedule comparison gives it away as someone like GOLDENBUC or some other UCFer. UCF always said that they would rather play Memphis and Southern Miss over Rutgers or UCONN. LOL. What they never bring up is that USF will be playing against the name teams such as WVU, UL, PITT, or Syracuse. For this so called fake USFstudent to suggest that he would rather play Memphis just tells me that it has to be a UCF or fan from another C-USA school.

And to set the record staight, I hope all you other BIG EAST fans dont think that all the students at USF think that way. I know **** well that I became 100% USF BULL fan after growing up being a UF fan. Hell, my dad loves the Gators which usually gets us into some good fights. Right now, I love it when UF, FSU, and Miami lose because it only helps USF. Anyone that roots for those schools had better have some serious ties to them instead of being a lifetime fan. That is all I have to say about that. By the way, Tampa is known as GOOBERVILLE. The community without unity is TAMPA BAY.