• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thanks Brad and the Bullspen Mods!

Guest nybullsfan

Great job all...only way to find out what is going on from 8000 miles away...Thanks Bullspen

Great to hear from you, SkyBull !!!

Thanks, Grateful....flew yesterday and made sure bad guys were dealt with.  Appreciate the support.

Thanks for putting it all on the line for your country. The rest of us can barely imagine. Go USA! Go Bulls!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Much appreciated.  Though I'm new at it here on the main board and haven't done much of it, still feeling my way around.  Different persepective.  :)

where are you normally?  you've got 3500 posts...

Wow.  Didn't realize it had gotten so high.  I need to get a life.  :o

Just recently added to the mod list on the Main Board, with the extra excitement going on here.  The Trough was my little corner of the moderation world.  It's different reading the posts on here with an eye towards thread consolidation and behavior.  Trying to keep with the tradition of not over moderating, just keep things tidy.  Brad and crew have done such a great job for so long, just trying to pitch in here and there without getting in the way.  The board has grown so much over the last couple of years especially.

I know it won't always stay this way, but the last 24 hours have been fantastic since Holtz starting looking like a done deal.  I haven't seen the board this happy in a long time. 

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Thanks Brad and the Mods... of course my boss and wife would disagree  ::)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,659
  • Days Won:  29

Thank you Bulliever and all the techno nerds  ;)

And also a big thanx to many on this board that keep same subjects in the same threads.

It's an exciting time for USF Football and this board is the savior ! or drug  ;D

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

Great job all...only way to find out what is going on from 8000 miles away...Thanks Bullspen

Great to hear from you, SkyBull !!!

Thanks, Grateful....flew yesterday and made sure bad guys were dealt with.  Appreciate the support.

Thanks for putting it all on the line for your country. The rest of us can barely imagine. Go USA! Go Bulls!

Big THANKS to all of you!

Both in their way of letting us "speak our mind"

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Yes, definitely a big thank you Brad and Mods, for all your hard work, and especially during the meltdown we've experienced these past number of weeks.  

Your thanks are much appreciated... but I want to echo Brad's comments and thank all the Bulls fans and other visitors who have helped make this online community what it is.

Thought it would be a good time to bring this back:

So, I was just clickin' around on the site, like I always do, multiple times a day, even if I'm not a prolific writer these days. I happened upon the "Donors" section and noted 3 recurring donors. THREE!!! I was quite surprised, after I remember a post a while ago that mentioned to folks that it costs $149-$199 per month just to host this website and donors would be greatly appreciated. How many users are there on this site? How many have thousands of posts?

This site is widely cited as the #1 website for USF fans, and often quoted as being a unique perk of our fanbase. Most fans are forced to put up with ESPN.com, Rivals, and other generic fan sites to congregate on message boards for banter and information. The ones that do have their own fan-made site usually have crappy, uncool sites, and certainly not the huge traffic this one gets. We have this awesome resource. I gotta figure more people are willing to donate?!

Everyone's got a story and we all know the economy sucks right now. I'm pushin $300K in school loans with more to go and I've got over 10% of that in maxed-out credit card debt cuz those loans don't even cover living expenses in Miami, with literally no income till I graduate thanks to the school schedule. I've only been donating $3 per month, and wish it were more. I plan to increase it a lot once I can work. But guys, as tight as we're all making our belts these days, I know lots of us jump on this site a jillion times a day, probably more than Facebook (haha). There's no denying that as crappy as these times are, having TheBullsPen.com makes life a little better. I know my day is better when I'm stressin in the hospital and I can get a few minutes to myself to read the latest debate about USF Athletics. I really feel its up to us to help the site owners defray costs and make sure we never have to worry about our favorite fan site being in financial jeopardy (not to mention the folks who have been shelling out the cash). Can you spare $3 or $10 a month for our beloved BullsPen? If you have a change of heart, please click on the second link below the "Community" section of links on the upper left part of the webpage. It's fast, easy, and I bet you won't miss the few bucks a month as much as you would if the BullsPen.com couldn't make it.... for me, I'd give up one Starbucks coffee a month to make sure for that whole month I could use TheBullsPen.com...

PS - Nobody put me up to this, I promise, I just felt maybe some folks didn't know about the need for donors, or could use a gentle reminder, and I think it just so awesome that you guys have this site for us that I feel more of us ought to pitch in to help ya out!

- Faza

Great idea, Faza. Recurring doesn't work for me but I was overdue for my annual donation. Here is the link to make it even easier to get on board:

http://www.thebullspen.com/htmlfiles/donors/index.php

Archived