• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thank you Jim Leavitt!

Guest nobullhere

Guest nobullhere

I know he has at times embarrassed us, and the second part of the last few seasons wasn't always pretty; but I think it's fair to say that he has overall been positive for the program. No one could have imagined where we are today ten years ago. I think its safe to say that without Jim Leaviitt we would probably not be in the Big East right now; heck we'd probably be stuck in the Sun Belt conference or worse. Furthermore he did win 3 Bowl games and racked up wins against big time programs on a regular basis helping us gain national prominence, and helping set the way for an even brighter future with now Skip Holtz at the helm. So thank your Jim Leavitt!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Yep. All the best Jim.

Hope he takes a little time off to relax and then lands on his feet somewhere. The guy has been going non stop for more than a decade. The best thing would be for him to take over for Snyder @KSU and get away from Florida for a few years.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

We'll add our thanks here as well.  He was great to the fans, signed autographs, built the program and loved the players and the school.  If FCSH is half as accessible, I'll be thrilled.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,601
  • Days Won:  424

I know he has at times embarrassed us, and the second part of the last few seasons wasn't always pretty; but I think it's fair to say that he has overall been positive for the program. No one could have imagined where we are today ten years ago. I think its safe to say that without Jim Leaviitt we would probably not be in the Big East right now; heck we'd probably be stuck in the Sun Belt conference or worse. Furthermore he did win 3 Bowl games and racked up wins against big time programs on a regular basis helping us gain national prominence, and helping set the way for an even brighter future with now Skip Holtz at the helm. So thank your Jim Leavitt!!

Funny. I was saying this like 2-3 months back, when many were screaming for his replacement as we entered our yearly mid season slump. I was labeled a Leavitt apologist because I was pointing out the bowl games, the rise to #2, the prominence on TV, beating FSU, etc etc..  What I got was, you are settling for a pizza bowl or a muffler bowl, he can't compete in conference, etc etc..  Now, when I agree with the investigation, everyone is sticking up for him. I think many of you have ADD or something.

The ones fighting you then are NOT, for the most part, the ones sticking up for him now ..... but this thread isn't about you, it's about Leavitt.

• Content Count:  16,366
  • Days Won:  43

Thanks Coach Leavitt!!! You have gave so much to USF that none of us can thank you enough. Thanks for staying loyal when you didnt have to towards USF. Thanks for believing in USF while others laughed at us. No matter what the media has reported, they cant take away your legacy of being the first ever USF coach. USF had better honor you down the road as you really deserve it.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

nobody but jim could have taken us to this point in such a short period

• Content Count:  566
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you Coach Leavitt for everything that you have done for my family and I. You gave my brother an opportunity to play football for you and a college education. You gave me respect as a female in a male dominated field, and never once questioned my ability. You offered help after we lost our home in a hurricane and followed my other brother in baseball. It was always a pleasure getting to talk with you and an honor to work for you for 6 years. Plus, what you have done for this University and this program is groundbreaking and Holtz can hopefully carry on what you started. I hope to run into you again someday...best wishes...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,621
  • Days Won:  29

nobody but jim could have taken us to this point in such a short period

Agree.

Very appreciative for your love to build this program.

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

many others could have brought usf to this point

leavitt's last couple of years hurt usf

skip will have to pick up the pieces but he will and he will make usf the power we should have been

Archived