• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Per Greg....

jdm

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Hey just hook em all up to lie detectors and publish the results.

If only that were possible.  Even if the results were not published appropriate action could be taken by either side and the emotional turmoil could subside.

Not sure that would even answer the questions.  I think Leavitt was in a fit of passion and honestly thinks he didn't do more than grab a should pad.  Enough eye witness accounts to convince me otherwise, but a poly would only tell us what Leavitt thinks he did.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Hey just hook em all up to lie detectors and publish the results.

If only that were possible.  Even if the results were not published appropriate action could be taken by either side and the emotional turmoil could subside.

Not sure that would even answer the questions.  I think Leavitt was in a fit of passion and honestly thinks he didn't do more than grab a should pad.  Enough I witness accounts to convince me otherwise, but a poly would only tell us what Leavitt thinks he did.

I get it. You think Leavitt is applying the George Costanza theory of:

Seinfeld_Its_Not_A_Lie_If_You_Believe_It-T.jpg

Problem for JL advocates, I don't think he has any to fling

If you watched the press conference, they listed some; such as the lack of transcripts and tapes from the interviews and the unanswered questions from the report.

On a somewhat different note, since USF is a public institution, can we (people/media) file a Freedom of Information Act on those transcripts?

Also, a lack of due process under the contract.

they should have done an investigation where he had a chance to give his side.

• Content Count:  178
  • Days Won:  0

He had a chance and only said that he did not do it.  Also,what he said happened does not jive with what anybody else said happened.

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

It amazes me how poeple that claim to be a USF fan and supporter want Leavitt to come after USF.  If he really wants to clear his name than he needs to go aftert the players and reporters.  With what has happened around the country there was only one way for this to end.  If the investigation found no wrong doing the university would have been drug through the mud as covering it up.  Does the investigation prove that he did it?  Maybe not, but it sure appears that way and in a civil suit that is all that is needed.

Leavitt is not going tomake himself or the university look better in this situation.  Screw the contract stipulations, he hit a kid.  For somebody that is in charge of many kids, that is not good.

EXACTLY! I just watched his press conference, talk about trying to make people feel bad for him.  Its obvious he is lying when the woman asked him if he would have changed anything in this and he says "no".  No?  really? I bet you wouldnt (as he rreported) have "kneeled down, looked up and asked if Joel Miller was OK? Then calmly tell him, while shaking his knees, he is a good kid and keep his head up during that halftime"  I mean thats the events that got him fired, according to him.  Just so we all know, no one would get fired for that, or would a cluster**** come from it, OK?.  Jim, I like you man.  I liked your passion for USF and your press conference seemed sincere but you will need Robert Kardashian and Johnny Cochran like attorney team to get your job back and the settlement you seek.  

Like SaltyBull said, amazing people claim to be USF supporters but want or defend Leavitt to take them to the bank.  Shameful.

oh yea and I live how his lawyers talk about how he built the program from trailors and scratch and how Jim talks about how he loves coaching for the kids to come back and tell him he affected their lives.  Like we dont know that or we should honor this great man and great story no matter what he did.  You know what its very heart felt and dear to someone like myself who grew up since my freshman year with usf football, BUT guess what, if he was Kings Highs gym teacher and got accused of this, there would be no honoring or personal achievements brought up.  He would just be shown the door.  

I dont believe you, you need more people.  

They probably moved it back to get him all those things. There other primary beef is not having the pre-fire meeting. If admin used recruiting as the excuse (which i kind of doubt) than they might owe him a couple of months worth of dough for that part, but the report indicated he was violent towards a student. I don't think you should be able to discuss that, particularly following a lengthy investigation that took your feelings into account.

Violent?  Did Joel have to go to the hospital?  How severe were his injuries?

The University did not follow proceedure and that puts them on very shaky ground.

Does USF have procedures for dealing with a coach grabing a player by the throat and striking him?  Would hope this is one of those situations we haven't dealt with much.  I have a lot of respect for what Leavitt did while at USF and certainly wish things could have ended differently.

Like Joel's lawyer said, Leavitt should have been a man about it and came out and said what happened.  He put Joel in a bad spot and he put USF in a bad spot.  Lost of lot of respect for the man.

• Content Count:  901
  • Days Won:  0

believe the sleazebag if he tells you want you want to hear

these people just don't care about a person

its all about them

They probably moved it back to get him all those things. There other primary beef is not having the pre-fire meeting. If admin used recruiting as the excuse (which i kind of doubt) than they might owe him a couple of months worth of dough for that part, but the report indicated he was violent towards a student. I don't think you should be able to discuss that, particularly following a lengthy investigation that took your feelings into account.

Violent?  Did Joel have to go to the hospital?  How severe were his injuries?

The University did not follow proceedure and that puts them on very shaky ground.

Does USF have procedures for dealing with a coach grabing a player by the throat and striking him?  Would hope this is one of those situations we haven't dealt with much.  I have a lot of respect for what Leavitt did while at USF and certainly wish things could have ended differently.

Like Joel's lawyer said, Leavitt should have been a man about it and came out and said what happened.  He put Joel in a bad spot and he put USF in a bad spot.  Lost of lot of respect for the man.

According to what I've read on this board Joel's lawyer is a sleazebag.  Why do you choose to believe the sleazebag?

Because the Miller family retained him and at this point he is speaking for Joel.

Archived