• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Another coach slaps student athlete

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

According to an article in today's St Pete Times, K-State's basketball coach slapped a player on the arm.... and quickly and profusely apologized.  I'll bet he doesn't get fired.  ::)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

No he wont get fired because that is and still be part of the game. He felt he had to appologize because of what people are getting fired for these days. I guess you can say Leavittt got fired for not appologizing for what he did to Miller. I think USF should have gave him a stern warning and gave Leavitt a second chance after this whol ordeal. USF is taking a big gamble with the decision, so if the football program goes down hill they can look in the mirror.

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

If Leavitt went up to Miller right after the game and said he was sorry and he messed up big time, this whole thing

maybe could have been avoided.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

No he wont get fired because that is and still be part of the game. He felt he had to appologize because of what people are getting fired for these days. I guess you can say Leavittt got fired for not appologizing for what he did to Miller. I think USF should have gave him a stern warning and gave Leavitt a second chance after this whol ordeal. USF is taking a big gamble with the decision, so if the football program goes down hill they can look in the mirror.

did you read the review?

Leavitt stated in it that he did apologize to Miller despite Miller commenting that he didn't and didn't have to.

• Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

Mike G,

I guess what I am saying is that Leavitt got a raw deal in this investigation. I would say even if they didnt believe Leavitt's story of how things went down, I think they should have gave Leavitt another chance. I asked myself if Leavitt would have been fired if he was coming off a trip to the Orange Bowl, and I can honestly tell you that I think his job would have been safe. So, no I dont agree at all with the firing. And I know that Woolard didnt have the choice or power to make during this situation, so I cant blame him.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

Mike G,

I guess what I am saying is that Leavitt got a raw deal in this investigation. I would say even if they didnt believe Leavitt's story of how things went down, I think they should have gave Leavitt another chance. I asked myself if Leavitt would have been fired if he was coming off a trip to the Orange Bowl, and I can honestly tell you that I think his job would have been safe. So, no I dont agree at all with the firing. And I know that Woolard didnt have the choice or power to make during this situation, so I cant blame him.

he definitely got a raw deal imo

The entire pocess seemed scripted as soon as they had something to leverage themselves out of the contract. Not sure who was pulling the strings. Not much we can do about it now anyway.

Guest nybullsfan

if Leavitt would have been fired if he was coming off a trip to the Orange Bowl, and I can honestly tell you that I think his job would have been safe.

Depends on whether he won or lost the Orange Bowl, LOL.

I agree, though. He would have been "counseled" by Woolard, and made a token trip to an Anger Management class, and Miller would get a scholly, and it would all have been swept under the rug.

But while it might have been a good short-term strategy, and saved Leavitt's job for now, in the end, I think it still would have backfired. Just my opinion

• Content Count:  57
  • Days Won:  0

Mike G,

he definitely got a raw deal imo

The entire pocess seemed scripted as soon as they had something to leverage themselves out of the contract. Not sure who was pulling the strings. Not much we can do about it now anyway.

Follow the money, as always....

• Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  0

What is up with Kansas State? Mark Mangino and Leavitt come from K State both fired for allegedly hitting players, now the bball coach. Think its something in the air or a philosophy of the athletic department  ;D

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

What about the Bruce Pearl assault that JPP was discussing on his show with Brett?  They love Pearl still, I guess enough that it hasn't made news anywhere?  I did a search a day or two ago and nothing.

Coached my 3rd grade basketball team yesterday.  I arrived early and watched the game before us.  The coach lined up his five after a timeout (gave up a 12 point lead) and was giving them some coaching, which included a pointed finger jabbed into the upper chest of each third grader.  I couldn't help but think about the Leavitt situation and the new consciousness.

Archived