• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Any coach sightings/interviews?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  403
  • Days Won:  0

Has anyone seen any coaches around USF for the airport?  Any interviews?  Not speculations, but actual facts of applicants, interviews, etc.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

i was about to ask the same thing

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I heard on ESPN radio this morning that Tommy Tuberville was in town last week and is expected to be in town this week... also per ESPN Radio, both Tommy and Terry Bowden have been contacted by USF per unnamed sources.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

The annual coaches meeting is in Orlando this week.  Pretty easy for Woolard to speak to several candidates in a very short period of time.  That will also make it tough to figure out who he's talking to.  I'd be mildly surprised if a new coach isnt named by the end of next week.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

I heard on ESPN radio this morning that Tommy Tuberville was in town last week and is expected to be in town this week... also per ESPN Radio, both Tommy and Terry Bowden have been contacted by USF per unnamed sources.

I'll take Terry B. over Tommy B.

• Content Count:  16,407
  • Days Won:  43

I remember Terry Bowden as he used to talk about both UCF and USF being great jobs because of their location. He used to have a radio show years ago and I believe it was based out of Orlando where he lives or used to live. I know he would love to coach USF as he is currently coaching a small school right now. Terry was going for that WVU job but WVU kept Stewart as coach. The positive about having a Bowden on the sideline is that their family is legendary which should help support. Stay tuned.

Sports talk radio said that Phil Fulmer has contacted USF inquiring about the job.

This is strictly my opinion/guess - and I don't know exactly when the report was finished or when USF knew they were going to fire Leavitt, but I'm thinking that it could've been intentional to wait until after the national championship game to take attention away from this..  That being said, if they have contacted coaches before Leavitt was fired, it was a very well kept secret.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Sports talk radio said that Phil Fulmer has contacted USF inquiring about the job.

I heard this as well just now on ESPN Radio... they also reported at the last break that both Tommy and Terry Bowden has in fact been contacted by USF. They also confirmed that per UF Dan McCarney has not been contacted.

That's good to hear.  I'm happy that USF is searchng big.  I can't wait to hear stories of different coaches on our campus.

Archived