• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Miller's Family Now Getting Lawyer Full Story On ABC Tonight

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  259
  • Days Won:  0

Is this place always full of crazy conspiracy theories or just all the events of today making it special? The report is pretty clear. Good that it appears this is just a "make sure I don't perjure myself" type deal than a lawsuit.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Personally I hope its to sue DUImig for defamation of character.  

And let's not forget that Mr Miller said his original comments were taken out of context by a certain "crackerjack" reporter ...

that depends on what brett has on tape from mr miller.

?

i would guess that brett knows this game better than most and knows how to use it for what he wants to use it for.

i doubt brett put himself in a situation to get sued. 

I can dream, can't I?

• Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

A university official investigation proved enough for them to claim breach of contract. So basically, Leavitt struck him, and its been proven. He can sue for all the pain and suffering. Leavitt is a millionaire. Would not want to be either Leavitt or Miller right now.

Please rephrase your statement. Not anywhere in the investigation does it say it was proven Leavitt struck him.

Half or less of the people interviewed had totally different accounts of the incident. Steming from the differences in the statements, the investigators concluded that Leavitt struck Miller. But no where does it state that that was 100% proven.

It was just there best outcome of the interviews.

From the report's conclusions:

5. In the course of Coach Leavitt’s travels about the locker room, he approached Student

Athlete A, who was seated in his locker. Leavitt yelled at Student Athlete A. Leavitt then

placed his hand on the player’s throat and slapped him twice in the cheek. These actions were

personally observed by several Student Athletes who had the clearest line of sight to the event.

Despite Coach Leavitt and Student Athlete A’s denial that any inappropriate contact had taken

place, the reviewers find it more likely that contact did, in fact, occur to the face and throat/neck

area of Student Athlete A. This report was substantiated by multiple reports from credible direct

eye witnesses whose recollection was corroborated.

Read the bold. "More than likely"  Not "DID"

Would you prefer "more then plausible"?  Read the Wollard letter, it says the allegations of inappropriately grabbing the throat and slapping a student athlete were "accurate" based upon independently corroborated statements of witnesses who saw Leavitt.

9. Leavitt denied grabbing or slapping Student Athlete A. He describes his actions as

“shaking†Student Athlete A by his shoulder pads and asking him what was wrong because he

“appeared to be down.†After careful review of all the witness accounts, it appears more

plausible that an inappropriate physical encounter did in fact occur, contrary to Leavitt’s

portrayal of the incident, to the neck and face of the Student Athlete.

Guest nybullsfan

he claims to of asked "what is wrong"  <snip>  especially to a kid that missed an assignment and also caused a 15 yard penality.

This bothered me when I read it. I was thinking, "No way would Leavitt have been that laid back during the same halftime he headbutted somebody hard enough to split his face open."

• Content Count:  12,293

he claims to of asked "what is wrong"  <snip>  especially to a kid that missed an assignment and also caused a 15 yard penality.

This bothered me when I read it. I was thinking, "No way would Leavitt have been that laid back during the same halftime he headbutted somebody hard enough to split his face open."

exactly.  and i think the bold faced lying is what led to today's events.  for leavitt to sit infront of this investigative group and claim that he said that...is just insulting.

i doubt leavitt meant to hurt the kid and probably didnt even mean to be as rough with him as he was...but to lie about it is grounds for what he got.

I was hoping it wasn't true. Now I wonder if Leavitt really was, as some report, trying to buy out his contract. Makes sense if he knew what was coming, get out and save face. He probably hoped on a buy out deal, reduced of course, and a statement but no disclosure of the investigation. Man, I hope this low point is the beginning to a rise to the top of the Big East and top 25. They need to take their time and get it right.

• Content Count:  742

Miller would have to be able to show damages to need a lawyer. I have not seen anywhere that would indicate he would need a lawyer.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

let me give you a hypothetical question (and place your brother/sister/son/daughter etc. in the miller families position):

say CJL wants to sue the university...

and lets say USFs lawyers and CJLs lawyers both want to speak with Joel...

Do you let Joel walk into the room without legal counsel?

+1

Miller would have to be able to show damages to need a lawyer. I have not seen anywhere that would indicate he would need a lawyer.

Emotional suffering, read the report. How many players talk about him being upset? He was denigrated in front of his team, physically. What else do you need Perry Mason? Let me put it another way. A nutcase MD at a hospital I worked at threw a bloody scalpel at a nurse in the OR. Didn't hit her. But guess what, she sued and it was settled out of court.

• Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Wonder if leavitt was as articulate in his interview as he is during his press conferences. 

Archived