• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Time for ALL Bulls fans to come together

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  118
  • Days Won:  0

I think we need to think positive in this situation.  I loved Leavitt but I believe most people will admit that he was a little out of his league when it came to the Big East.  A change need to be made.  I wish that it didn't happen like this b/c I would love to continue leavitts relationship with USF in some aspect.  (Doesn't seem possible now."Sad")  With a "good" hire in the near future I believe we will be better off in the long run.  There is always a positive to every negative! Go Bulls

• Content Count:  7,890

We are south florida

• Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

Right, wrong, or in different. Jim Leavitt's gone and he ain't coming back. That leaves one of 2 things. Stay behind the program or go find another school to support. I'm a Bulls fan, so a new adventure begins.

um....I don't think I can support another team....that would mean I'd have to get another degree from somewhere else and I don't have time for that... ;D

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Does that mean taking him off your ignore list?  :)

Not unless he takes me off his  ;D

• Content Count:  1,037

Does that mean taking him off your ignore list?  :)

Not unless he takes me off his  ;D

Kiss and make up already.  :-* :-* :-*

GO BULLS!

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

As much as I hated to see how things went down, USF has the opportunity of a lifetime here. There are very few places in the country where the right coach has such potential to bring an already rising program that has shown signs of breaking through, to an even higher level.

I remember watching the 30 for 30 documentary about 'The U'. Well, this could be The U v 2.0 (minus the antics).

Why?

Because all it took for Miami was a coach to come in and recruit the right players from the surrounding areas. USF for the most part already does that, at least with the pickins' it can get after the top guys head off to UF/UM/FSU. It would only take one breakout year....a Big East title....or close to it....sure signs of progress...for those pipelines to start pumping the top quality over. All of the local coaches who had beef with Leavitt can hit the reset button and ALL of them should be getting visits from whatever new coach comes in. Prominent high schools like Plant, Armwood, Hillsborough, Manatee, and even Lakeland could end up paralleling schools like St Thomas Aquinas and Miami Northwestern, coming to be known as player mills churning out top recruits to play in an NFL stadium in great weather...and being close enough for their families, friends, former coaches, and younger peers to come watch. Instant free recruiting. A HS coach seeing his former players being groomed in the proper way, possibly making waves in the NFL in the future, will only cement them to give a thumbs up to USF when their players come asking for advice on what college to pick.

Leavitt's untimely end will merely be a forgotten chapter in the long term. People will learn to forget what happened on 1/8/2010. They will forever remember attending fan fests that involved socializing on a practice field. They will remember stories of football offices starting out in portables. They will remember being a part of one of the fastest rising programs in the history of college football, from birth to BCS conference. They will remember the crazy-in-a-good-way man who forged their program and laid the foundation for great success. His legacy will not be of success, but merely for making it possible.

The bull has run wild like hair sticking out of the visor of the man who rode it for so long. It may have bucked the first rider, but it's ready for the next cowboy to come along and unleash the power within the bull.

Great things are to come. The program has become the big brother to the one up the road, and has left the kiddie table to vie for a spot at the adult table. Soon enough, it will have a reserved seat for it, and this is just the start in that fight to get there.

Remember these days. Remember how they feel. They hurt. They suck. They're confusing. This can be the start of version 2 of the U. But this isn't just any U. Every one of them is some sort of U.

This is THE U of SF.  :gobulls

Guest nybullsfan

As much as I hated to see how things went down, USF has the opportunity of a lifetime here. There are very few places in the country where the right coach has such potential to bring an already rising program that has shown signs of breaking through, to an even higher level.

I remember watching the 30 for 30 documentary about 'The U'. Well, this could be The U v 2.0 (minus the antics).

Why?

Because all it took for Miami was a coach to come in and recruit the right players from the surrounding areas. USF for the most part already does that, at least with the pickins' it can get after the top guys head off to UF/UM/FSU. It would only take one breakout year....a Big East title....or close to it....sure signs of progress...for those pipelines to start pumping the top quality over. All of the local coaches who had beef with Leavitt can hit the reset button and ALL of them should be getting visits from whatever new coach comes in. Prominent high schools like Plant, Armwood, Hillsborough, Manatee, and even Lakeland could end up paralleling schools like St Thomas Aquinas and Miami Northwestern, coming to be known as player mills churning out top recruits to play in an NFL stadium in great weather...and being close enough for their families, friends, former coaches, and younger peers to come watch. Instant free recruiting. A HS coach seeing his former players being groomed in the proper way, possibly making waves in the NFL in the future, will only cement them to give a thumbs up to USF when their players come asking for advice on what college to pick.

Leavitt's untimely end will merely be a forgotten chapter in the long term. People will learn to forget what happened on 1/8/2010. They will forever remember attending fan fests that involved socializing on a practice field. They will remember stories of football offices starting out in portables. They will remember being a part of one of the fastest rising programs in the history of college football, from birth to BCS conference. They will remember the crazy-in-a-good-way man who forged their program and laid the foundation for great success. His legacy will not be of success, but merely for making it possible.

The bull has run wild like hair sticking out of the visor of the man who rode it for so long. It may have bucked the first rider, but it's ready for the next cowboy to come along and unleash the power within the bull.

Great things are to come. The program has become the big brother to the one up the road, and has left the kiddie table to vie for a spot at the adult table. Soon enough, it will have a reserved seat for it, and this is just the start in that fight to get there.

Remember these days. Remember how they feel. They hurt. They suck. They're confusing. This can be the start of version 2 of the U. But this isn't just any U. Every one of them is some sort of U.

This is THE U of SF.  :gobulls

Great post, Dan. Thx!

Go Bulls!

• Content Count:  4,879

usf has lived a charmed existance for years now:

Paul Griffin sets base with solid financial foundation

New super stadium built in tampa

leavitt comes and works like a dog for peanuts early on and doesn't bolt when a prettier girl winks

bulls have big win season just as BE needs a thrid team, preferrably from FL

heath gets dropped by ark just as we need a coach

prado comes home

lets see if the trend somehow continues now

• Content Count:  1,204

We might not have agreed with what has been happening this past month or what the final decision was, but the facts are that the univesity made a decision.

We ALL want whats best for our school and football program and that to me is bigger than one person. I thank Coach Leavitt for all his hard work and dedication to starting and growing our program, that cant never be erased or forgotten. But the sad reality is that Leavitt was our first coach fired but wont be the last. Is the reality of being a HC.

It is now time for all of us Bull fans to come together and support our future coach in leading us into the future.

Go Bulls!!!

I'll stand behind the new coach.  I won't stand behind the school's administration or Woolard at this point.  I'll give money to athletics but have stopped giving directly to the school.  Not a penny until Genshaft is canned. 

Archived