• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2010 class

Bslow

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  118
  • Days Won:  0

This class could be amazing!  We are in the top two for Terrence Mitchell and I have a really good feeling that he is going to end up committing here.  We are also now the leader for Torrian Wilson.  If we land Torrian and Todd Chandler our Line play will drastically improve over night!  I was just on the Rivals site and now it appears we will land Sean Watson.  I have not heard a whole lot about him but he is rated as the number 35 defensive tackle in the nation.  We are only competing against Louisiana Tech, ECU, FAU and FIU?  Something tells me we could easily win this kid.  Ace Sanders seems like he will commit sooner or later!  The offer from GA that he is waiting on is not coming so I believe he is just a matter of time.  He is the exact same rating as Reese and will already have chemistry with Brion.  Speaking of Brion Carnes.  It kinda feels like he has been over looked since he has been committed for so long.  But he is the absolute best QB to ever commit here!  I am really excited for signing day to get here!  What about you?

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I'm guardedly optimistic.

A lot depends on how the CJL/Miller saga ends in the coming weeks.

I'm also worried about Louisville possibly landing both Wilson and Chandler, since they already have two verbals from NW HS and both players are visiting there. 

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

usf is not after watson, we havent even offered him

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

And there goes the recruiting class.  I really hope Franks has some **** up his sleeve to keep these guys

• Content Count:  5,241

its all about who we hire as the next coach.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

A splash hire could give us great momentum heading into the home stretch but if we don't get someone with some name recognition this class could fall apart fast.  We also need to make sure we get someone who has good FL recruiting ties. 

• Content Count:  108

Who might you think would fit both of those qualifications???

Out of the names they have given that are in consideration, the only 1 I believe that fits both is Tommy Tuberville.

Some of the other guys may be able to recruit Florida since they have ties there, but no one else on that list is going to have any other type of name recognition to the recruits these days.

A guy I would like to see would be Chris Peterson from Boise. I know there is no way it would happen and doesn't deserve any speculation, I just like they way Boise plays and all the different formations and trick plays that he has come up with. He seems to have his team very well coached and disciplined and he seems to be able to do a lot with the players he has and has lead to him being able to recruit better from the state of Idaho. Imagine what he could do with the talent from Florida.

But with the names given I think only Tommy T fits both of those qualifications.

• Content Count:  4,879

if he keeps Franks, he doesn't have to have FL recruiting ties

• Content Count:  1,633

I would think McCarney might fill some of those qualifications. He recruited the **** out of Florida when he was at ISU, and he has been recruiting for USF then UF for the past 2+ years...

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Hiring an existing assistant at a big name program might mean we could steal a couple of recruits they were working.  For example, we might be able to steal a couple of Florida recruits if we bring in McCarney.  Not so for a currently out of work coach like Tommy Bowden.  I think he'd have to keep several of the current assistants to maintain many of the current commits.

Archived