• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ND at USF game thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

Any thoughts on the lounge protected by the fuzzy rope which replaced a ton of seats?

Pretty good use of that space if the students aren't going to bother to come ..... My only question is was the section next to the band still for students?

No it wasn't for students.

Me and 3 of my friends had to complain to even get in there.  I think its absolutely ridiculous. 

They replaced 700 seats for THIS?!??! Are you KIDDING ME?!?!?!

Ugh...and the students cant even sit next to the **** band?!?!?!

OMG!!!

GO BULLS!!!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,650
  • Days Won:  6

So who is this new lounge area for?  Where will the student overflow go when they have Greek night and are forced to come to a game?  And who gets to sit next to the band now?  It was empty last night so I don't see any improvement on filling those seats with or without students.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,671
  • Days Won:  424

Any thoughts on the lounge protected by the fuzzy rope which replaced a ton of seats?

Pretty good use of that space if the students aren't going to bother to come ..... My only question is was the section next to the band still for students?

No it wasn't for students.

Me and 3 of my friends had to complain to even get in there.  I think its absolutely ridiculous. 

They replaced 700 seats for THIS?!??! Are you KIDDING ME?!?!?!

Ugh...and the students cant even sit next to the **** band?!?!?!

OMG!!!

GO BULLS!!!

I don't mind the 2nd level student section being removed for something bringing in more revenue, it was hardly ever used anyway, but the section next to the band needs to be students .... no question.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Athletics needs to open up those seats to general seating the day of the game so we can at least get them filled... its embarrassing to have our student section looking like a ghost town.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,671
  • Days Won:  424

Athletics needs to open up those seats to general seating the day of the game so we can at least get them filled... its embarrassing to have our student section looking like a ghost town.

Just to clarify, I'm talking the 2nd level seats, up behind the band. They were, for all intents and purposes, already general admission because there was nobody stopping people from sitting there.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,650
  • Days Won:  6

The second level end zone (now removed) was for student overflow - maybe used 1 or 2 games per year.  I always sit (now sat) there no matter where my actual tickets are.  When no students show up to sit next to the band, we always try to talk our way down there for the 2nd half.  Once in a while, the usher or supervisor will actually let us down, but most games they say they have to hold it for students which is ridiculous.

• Content Count:  2,478
  • Days Won:  0

So who is this new lounge area for?  Where will the student overflow go when they have Greek night and are forced to come to a game?  And who gets to sit next to the band now?  It was empty last night so I don't see any improvement on filling those seats with or without students.

Last night my sister and I (I'm a student, she had a guest ticket) went to the game and they would not let us sit in the section by the band (Which had maybe 5 freaking people in it!) or the section on half court.

They ***** about how they want the students to show up, then the royally F*k up the ticket process, don't get majority of students in before mid 1st half! And sit them up way in the 2nd level! What a fking JOKE!

Archived