• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Other players on the record

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Excerpt from Scott Carter (The TBO blogger and beat writer, for those who think Greg is the only guy in town):

Senior linebacker Chris Robinson was in the locker room at the time of the alleged incident and told The Tampa Tribune earlier this week that nothing happened out of the ordinary.

“I was there and knew what happened and saw what happened,’’ Robinson said. “It was nothing. That’s why when the media blew it up, I was like, ‘this will be done way before the bowl game.’ It wasn’t really a distraction, it was the thought of what could possibly happen if it did get blown out of proportion or misconstrued.’‘

Robinson backs Miller’s version of the story, and he credits Leavitt for turning his life around after off-the-field issues threatened Robinson’s career when he first arrived at USF.

“Early on in my career, I had some setbacks. He always looked out for me. Because he gave that second chance, I’m now going to get my degree, and I feel like I’m going to be a very successful person because of him.

“I love the man very, very dearly.’‘

Senior safety Nate Allen, one of USF’s top NFL prospects, said the situation was a minor distraction at first, but that the players remain behind Leavitt despite persistent rumors — Rivals.com reported Friday that “the hot rumor in coaching circles is South Florida may change coaches after its bowl’’ — that Leavitt could be out as USF’s head coach.

“Coach Leavitt is a great coach,’’ Allen said. “I hope he’s here forever, because these guys want him here, everybody wants him here. We all want him here.’‘

http://sports.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/related/C127/

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Not that it matters, but good to hear that from Robinson...he's one that you would say was "hated" by CJL...similar to the way Mike Ford is perceived.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Not that it matters, but good to hear that from Robinson...he's one that you would say was "hated" by CJL...similar to the way Mike Ford is perceived.

i dont think CJL hated robinson

and i really don't think he hates mike ford.

i think they have a terrible RB system and on top of that i dont think mike gives a 100% at practice.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

i think they have a terrible RB system and on top of that i dont think mike gives a 100% at practice.

I do think Chris spent a lot of time in the doghouse over his career.  And I am sure it was a work ethic at practice thing.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

In before:  "Robinson is bias because of the second chance CJL gave him" or something equally ridiculous. 

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Yep, that was my point, it's good to see him set the record straight because I know that has been the perception. Whether you like CJL or not, from what I have heard from most players coming out of the program and a parent of one player, he really does care about his guys and making them better men.

• Content Count:  1,719

Excellent article.  This guy actually spoke to players and quoted them on the record.

He didn`t cite ``anonymous`` sources like one guy, and he didn`t publish Tweets.

Nothing wrong with that.

The issue, however, is not what the players think of Coach, what Coach has done for them, or whether their opinion is that it was no big deal.

The issue for the investigation is what actually happened that day in the locker room, and whether or not it falls within the parameters of what the University of South Florida deems acceptable behavior for its faculty.

Nobody, not even the most ardent anti-Leavitt ``haters,`` have ever denied that Leavitt has done great things throughout his career both for this program and for the players he`s coached, on and off the field.

Unfortunately that isn`t the issue. The issue is what happened that day in the locker room. Period.

• Content Count:  1,719

The most interesting aspects of this article are the assertions attributed to Chris Robinson that nothing happened out of the ordinary and that he supports Joel Miller`s version of the story.

Look at that closer.

Contrary to popular belief, Joel Miller`s version of the story is NOT that ``nothing happened,`` but that what happened was a grab and shake of the shoulder pads rather than a choke and a slap.  It has also been documented that Leavitt headbutted a player during that very same halftime.

In that context, the assertion that ``nothing happened out of the ordinary`` takes on a different tone.  Does that mean grabbing and shaking shoulder pads and headbutts are ordinary occurrences during halftime?

With the recent incidents involving Mangino and Leach, and the increasingly litigous atmosphere surrounding student athletics, President Genshaft and the University are going to have to decide if that is the image they want the USF football program to have.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

So you think a grabbing a kids shoulder pads and shaking a little is grounds for dismissal?

• Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

Does that mean grabbing and shaking shoulder pads and headbutts are ordinary occurrences during halftime?

YES!!  Its friggen football!  Controlled war!  Modern day version of Gladiators.

Archived