• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Latest Up-Date on Chandler and More

cygnus34

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Days Won:  0

Read the entire article, Chandler is at the top and bottom.

Northwestern coach Billy Rolle told our high school editor Andre Fernandez Saturday that after reports surfaced last week that defensive tackle Todd Chandler had switched his commitment to USF, UM defensive backs coach Wesley McGriff visited Northwestern the next day to tell let him and Chandler know UM still wanted him. "My advice to Todd was be patient, your going to talk to a lot of coaches over the next month," Rolle said. "Todd told me he was going to think about it."

Rolle said receiver Michaelee Harris, another UM target, is also being heavily recruited by Florida State. Recently hired Florida State assistant Eddie Gran is supposedly pushing hard for Harris. Running back Corvin Lamb, meanwhile, is now committed to LOUISVILLE.

> Miramar receiver Ivan McCartney told me Saturday after the Class 6A state championship game while he likes the University of Miami a lot, he also feels strongly about Oregon, Florida and West Virginia. McCartney said he is supposed to visit UM during Super Bowl weekend. My money is on West Virginia. Several Miramar assistants told me McCartney wants to badly reunite with former quarterback and close friend Eugene Smith.

First- man if Linder can kick 55 yarders while barefoot, he indeed is a supreme athlete.

As for Chandler,I am not listening to anything else until signing day. Too much speculation and not enough fact. All the insiders on this board have him gone and were blasting the coaches for not calling Rolle. Now we have Rolle saying McGriff came by to say they still want Todd. This story is all over the map.

In regards to Sticks. (McCartney) He is not coming. He never came out and said his love was UM. He wants to play right away and it won't happen here.

• Content Count:  276

Hurricane Mutiny---this doesn't look good for your position on this issue...

You're hilarious, Ruger.

None of the assistants can authorize the scholarship offer.  Only Randy can do so.

So since it needs to be spelled out for you, here is the situation.  Until February, "offers" and "verbals" are just that.  They aren't on paper (unless a kid signs in December as an early enrollee).

A "committable offer" is just something a bit stronger that says "we are holding this spot for you, we are not recruiting others in your spot".  It can be verbally revoked.  Furthermore, a school might never send the LOI paperwork, so all the verbal promises in the world can mean nothing if the kid never gets the paperwork.  For instance, we never sent the revised LOI paperwork to Bryce Brown after he skipped signing on National Signing Day.

Without giving the details of what happened, various behaviors and incidents were discussed between Shannon and Chandler.  As is his approach with EVERY recruit, Randy lets the recruits know that the verbal offers are always conditioned upon them staying out of trouble, maintaining academic progress, etc.  Shannon let Chandler know that he had to change certain behaviors, but there was also a particular incident that occurred that was very problematic in Shannon's opinion.  It is a very factually specific incident that has created a major problem for Miami in the recent past, so it was taken very seriously by Shannon.  The last guy who did what Chandler did is no longer on the team.

But because Chandler was not taking steps to change some behaviors and to make amends, Randy pulled the offer and stopped recruiting him.  Same as he did to Nix.  Quietly, so that those kids could either change their minds and come back to Miami without prejudice, or find a spot elsewhere.

That is NOT in opposition to what an assistant coach told Rolle.  Miami still WANTS Chandler, but will not recruit, offer, or send him the LOI paperwork if he remains stubborn in addressing the issues.

As I said from one of my first posts on this issue, if Chandler does and says what he needs to, Shannon might reinstate the offer.  A reinstatement would have been very unlikely if Chandler had continued to air the dirty laundry (see, also, Bryce Brown), but with Chandler's latest comments ("I'm confused"), it seems like he has gotten the message to STFU.

If the rest of January passes without negative commentary, and Chandler wants to be at UM bad enough that he is willing to make amends, then he might have his offer reinstated.  I know that Chandler had previously said that he doesn't need to take an official to Miami, so we will know for certain on NSD.

But at this time, Miami has not stopped recruiting DTs.  So we are prepared in any event.

And for what it's worth, I've met Chandler on numerous occasions.  He absolutely loves UM, and everyone recognizes him at the games and tells him they can't wait for him to suit up for us.  This is just about the stubbornness and willfulness of a young kid who has some behavioral and habit issues that he needs to address.  Right now, he's not a good fit for the team we have at Miami (we also have some kids currently on the team who are not good fits either), but if he learns his lessons and respects authority, he might yet end up at UM.

After his USF commit, I would have put the odds at 5%.  Now, it looks like 15%. 

But that doesn't change the fact that, AT THIS TIME, Chandler is not being recruited, he does not have a committable offer, and he would not be getting LOI paperwork if NSD was tomorrow.

What's funny is that you guys think this is just internet chatter and/or rumors.  I know most of the players from the 80s (I used to tutor one of the guys on our current coaching staff).  I know the families of many of our current players.  I've met many of our current recruits (I recently spoke to one of our verbals regarding the GPA-SAT combo he would need to qualify).

I'm not making this stuff up.  I know.

You can choose to believe it or not, I don't care.  But if you think that the only accurate info comes from newspaper articles, you are sadly mistaken.

• Content Count:  1,741

Chandler has agreed to take a visit to the VILLE.  His recruiting is not over YET.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Wow.  Great story by Hurricane Mutiny.  He has now absolutely covered all bases with Chandler.  If he signs with UM, it's because he Chandler suddenly changed his behavior for one month, and that's good enough for Shannon.  If he signs with someone else, it's because Shannon didn't want him.

Well, we have the same info.  If USF signs him, it's because he's done exactly what our staff asked him to.  But I've heard that if he signs with someone else, it's because we never really wanted him.  *cough cough*

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Michigan is also involved with him. Supposedly, he will be visiting them on 1/22 which is the same day he is scheduled to visit USF:

Todd Chandler , a four-star DT prospect from Miami (FL) Northwestern, will visit Rich Rod and Ann Arbor on Jan. 22. He is currently a South Florida commit. He is also being recruited by Charlie Strong the new head coach at Louisville. Todd is also a teammate of current Michigan recruit Torrian Wilson, who maybe attending Ann Arbor with Todd on the 22nd.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/315359-michigan-monday-recruiting-update

Scout now lists him as a soft verbal to USF. Interestingly, they have him visiting both Michigan and USF on 1/22:

School Interest Level Offer? Attended Camp? Visit Date Signed LOI?

South Florida Soft Verbal Yes  01/22/2010 

Louisville Low Interest Yes  01/08/2010 

Michigan Low Interest No  01/22/2010 

Syracuse Low Interest No  01/15/2010

http://southflorida.scout.com/a.z?s=359&p=8&c=1&nid=3516322

Chandler has full January

The recruitment of Under Armour All-American defensive tackle Todd Chandler (Miami, Fla./Northwestern) gained national attention on Dec. 16 when the 6-1, 290-pounder backed off his commitment to Miami (Fl) and switched to South Florida. The switch caught many off guard, but Chandler had been talking about taking all five official visits since October, if not before. In January it will be the Bulls sweating out four official visits for the four-star prospect.

"I've got Louisville on Jan. 8, I think on the 15th I've got Syracuse, I believe on the 22nd I've got either Michigan and Memphis and on the 29th I'll visit FIU," Said Chandler.

Headed into the official visit process, Chandler is reluctant to say he is a commitment anywhere.

"I don't really want to answer that question about being committed anywhere right now, but for the time being I'll say I'm committed to South Florida. I'm comfortable with all of the coaches over there and I did give them a verbal commitment. We'll just have to see what happens," Chandler said

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/columns/story?columnist=shurburtt_jc&id=4781249

• Content Count:  622

I am most worried about Louisville with Chandler especially with today's news that Northwestern WR Michaelee Harris has joined his teammate RB Corvin Lamb in committing to Charlie Strong and the Cards. They will be recruiting him every single day up until signing day.

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

We ought to be able to give "verbal offers" to student athletes since they can be retarded to schools and de-commit. Instead, we have to take their "commitments" with a grain of salt and sign more of a position than we may otherwise want.

I am most worried about Louisville with Chandler especially with today's news that Northwestern WR Michaelee Harris has joined his teammate RB Corvin Lamb in committing to Charlie Strong and the Cards. They will be recruiting him every single day up until signing day.

Yep.

I knew that Strong was going to be a big pain in the ass. I think they are also trying to get Torrian Wilson.

Archived